chapter 30

grayson

i drop malia at her house and pick up jade. "hey babe," she said all bubbly and her voice was just annoying me. i roll my eyes, why am i still with her?

because you hope for it to end and for her to say it's a mistake.

"what's wrong?" she noticed my shift of mood, i just sigh and i can feel the tears forming. "why, um are you cheating on me? it hasn't been two damn weeks." i say so painfully "i'm not," she turned red and lied to my face. "i seen your hickey, and now you're lying to my face?" and this was the part i was hoping she would say sorry.

"i'm sorry, it was a mistake," she cries out "but i can't be with you because i'm into somebody else," she looks down and i feel my heart break. "please, get out of my car," i calmly said "gray-" i cut her off right there. "i said leave!" and this time i yell

she gets out and i decided to see ethan, it's been a while. 

>>>

i park my car a block away from the house and walk there. i notice that my dad's car not there. i wipe my stained cheeks. i knock and his nurse opens the door. "hello, he's in the kitchen," she gestured towards the kitchen and i greet her and walk in. 

"hi," ethan got up from his seat and hugged me but his nurse made him sit down because he needs to finish his meal. she asked if i wanted to eat but kindly declined, when he finishes she tells me, he's getting better and that he's been eating.

we go up to his room and just talk. "how are you," i asked him and he gives me a look. "what?" i chuckle. "i know something is up," he shrugged and gave the don't even try to lie look but after all he is my brother. "my girlfriend was cheating on me," i said it like nothing and smiled but i just wanted to cry. he pulls me in for a hug and that's when i cry.

this is what i needed, i pulled back and pull myself together. "want to meet someone?" i say             and he nods. 

// phone call with malia.

"hey?" she answered "do you think you can come over i have someone for you to meet," i said and hoped she would say yes, i need to get my mind off things. "sure, the address?" she asked and i give it to her and she hangs up.

// end of call

15 minutes and there is a knock on the door, we go rushing to the door and it was her. "hey?" she said so confused and then she got it. "oh my god, you must be ethan," she said all excited and they hugged each other. "ethan this is malia," i told ethan, and his eyes were sparkling as he smiled at her

we sat in the living room and just telling stores but ethan wasn't even paying attention, his attention was all on malia. "can i use your restroom," she asked and we showed her where it was and when she shut the door i said,"dude, what's your problem?" i asked all defensive

"what are you uh talking about?" he said looking behind him to see if malia was back or not. "if you like her don't make it so obvious," i scoffed and he just giggled at my remark. "chill, i don't like her but she does," he smiled and i responded with,"nooo," popping the o as i said it

"the whole time i was smiling at her she smiled at you," he shrugged but he's being stupid, we are just friends. she came back and he just shot me a smirk and then looked at her. "so malia,  do you have any guys crazy? because i must say you are beautiful," he complemented her and i just got annoyed how he was trying to prove that she likes me when she doesn't. 

"well you guys can keep flirting and i'll just go somewhere else," i said and got up and left

malia

"well you guys can keep flirting and i'll just go somewhere else," grayson said and left and just when i was going to tell him to stay ethan tugged at my wrist. "you like him don't you," he asked but he also said it like he was sure of it, less of a question. "ha, no," but i didn't even believe it myself. i felt my cheeks heat up and he just smiled. "don't decline it, i can see it." he said and kept smiling but this isn't a good thing to smile about.

"there's nothing," i told him and my smile turned into a frown. "he's too blind too see it and i just met you today," he said so simple but i still didn't give in.

"we can call hi-," he was saying till i said,"fine," i whined like a 4 year old kid. "anyway im sure he will see it," he lightly punched me playfully and i smiled at him. "i won't say anything," he said and i thanked him.

"don't worry," he smiled at me and grayson was back. "you done  being a brat," ethan teased and i laughed with him and grayson just decided to leave again. "stop being a child," i said as i was laughing at him.

i get up and go after grayson and pull him back and he looked so hot mad. he just got my hand, but not hard and hurtful. he wanted to be alone so i chose to hug him. he hugged back and I was taken by surprise but he was now crying.

so i pull back and look at him. he looked so hurt and his eyes red and puffy from crying, he was probably crying when he left ethan and i alone.

"it's okay, im here," and he hugs me again crying on my shoulder and hugs tighter and i felt safe with him. but it broke my heart he was in pain.

it has to be about jade.

--
im sorry it's short but I get my phone back next week and i'll update more and Will make them longer

:)

26 days left.

peace

-maritza 🍒