British Bird - Chapter Thirty Nine

British Bird
Chapter - Thirty Nine
-A-

Tears fall from Gabriel's eyes as he stares out of the plane's window. Music rings loudly in his ears from his iPod, but he's barely registering the words or the melody, his heart completely broken. The feeling of regret makes his stomach clench. Grinding his teeth, he pushes a fist onto his forehead as he repeats the last words he said to her in his head. Right now, I hate you. They couldn't be more wrong. Sang, I'm completely inlove with you.

Luke looks over at Gabriel, his heart constricting painfully at the sight of Gabriel's tears. Luke is trying to keep it together, but seeing his best friend break apart and having no way to comfort him while lost in his own pain has him turning away and resting his head back on his seat. This is it, the end, Luke realises.

The plane's engine rumbling to life has Kota jumping out of his thoughts. Kota can't stop counting the seconds since he last saw Sang's face, since he last saw the love of his life. His brothers are falling apart, and so is he. How can he fix this? But can he even do that, fix the problem, when she made it very clear that she didn't want them with her. Putting a hand on his chest, he closes his eyes and starts counting each painful beat of his heart.

North folds his arms across his chest, glaring at the seat in front of him that occupies one of his close friends, Raven. North wasn't very happy when he learned that not only did Uncle jump on a plane to England, but the Toma team did too. Raven told him that it was to make sure that they got on the plane if they caused trouble. Obviously they didn't...because it became pretty clear that they aren't wanted. He's hurt, he's devastated, he's angry. North doesn't know what emotion to pluck up and feel more off. Fuck, Baby. What have you done to us?

Silas ignores Theo, wondering why now, his brother is paying attention and caring for anything that's happened in his life? Why is now different? Why does Theo now want to be the big brother Silas has always hoped he would one day be? What has changed? He was so surprised at seeing his brother with the Toma team at the hotel that he hasn't said a word to him. Besides, Silas isn't sure that he's able to find his voice right now. The pain in his chest is consuming him so quickly he's finding it difficult to breath. He pushes the questions of his brother aside and looks to North. The anger coming of him isn't healthy, but maybe anger is the best emotion to focus on right now, instead of the pain in their hearts.

Victor wipes at his face, at the tears trailing down his cheeks. He doesn't want to cry, but he can't stop the tears from falling. His heart might as well had stopped beating the moment he decided to get up from Sang's family room floor, collect his stuff and leave. What's the point in living when the one you love doesn't want you? Victor turns his head away and looks out the window as the plane starts descending up into the air, hiding the tears that just won't stop falling.

Nathan stares down at the photo in his hand, a photo of he and Sang when they were young teens. He doesn't try to hide the tears, he doesn't try to keep his quiet sobbing to himself. He just doesn't care who see's and who listens. Nathan just can't stop himself from breaking apart as the plane takes him further and further away from the only girl he'll ever love.

All this holding on, and it's all for nothing? Sean thinks, shaking his head. Leaving the UK without Sang wasn't the plan. The plan had been to pack up her stuff and bring her home, all smiling and happy to have her where she should have always been. Frustrated, Sean tugs on his blonde hair, needing to feel a pinch of pain that isn't inside his heart.

Owen keeps his head down, not wanting his brothers or anyone else to see the tears that trail down his cheeks. He had tried to keep his breaking heart and the emotions that come with it to himself, but he can't. He tried and didn't succeed. A hand wrapping around his has his head lifting and looking into the familiar green eyes of his best friend, Sean. Seeing his tears, Sean pulls him into a hug and right then, he's thankful for having a best friend like Sean Green.

Not being able to take it no more, Uncle pulls the light pink envelope out of the pocket of his jeans. Seeing the seatbelt sign is off, he gets up from his seat and walks towards the nine boys that are huddled together in their seats.

Their heads lift and Uncle comes to a stop, holding up the envelope. "For you."

Uncle sees the spark of hope in their eyes, and hope's himself that it will stay once they've read whatever is in the envelope. Owen holds out his hand and Uncle gives it to him with a smile before turning and going back to his seat, leaving the boys to have a moment.

The boys all huddle in the aisle and around Owen, thankful that many seats at the back of the plane are free and empty. They all share a look between them before giving Owen a nod to open it.

The tear of the envelope flap is loud in their ears and their hearts beat erratically in their chests as they wait. Unfolding the one piece of white paper from the pink envelope, Owen looks down at it, frowns before turning it around so the other can see it.

I regret it already.
I hate myself immensely.
But this is the right thing to do.
Each one of you have my heart and have done for a very long time now.
My love for you never died and it never will.
For me, you are all it.
My forever, my Happily Ever After.
I can only hope that one day you'll be able to forgive me.
This isn't goodbye...
...it's see you soon.