Chapter 42

*Hermione's POV*

I was so excited. The winter break is coming today and we were going to be back home. I was going to be staring something new and then when we come back from break we were going to have our winter ball. This was going to be an eventful holiday because it was going to different this time around.

I quickly ran down the stairs and almost ran into Draco. He laughed as he grabbed my arm to slow me down. I looked at him and smiled.

"Hey there. How about slow down a little bit." Draco told me.

"I am just excited. So have all the plans been taking care of for the ball?" I asked.

He nodded and said,

"Yes, don't worry about it. Everything will go smooth as planed when we all come back. I promise."

I nodded and said,

"Well, you make sure that you stop by the shop and say hi. I hope you have a great holiday."

"Of course I will. Happy holidays." He told me.

We walked to the front of the school. Everyone was waiting there for us. We walked to the train and got on. Each step I took was a step closer to happiness. I looked over to Fred and George and smiled. George asked,

"Did you tell mom that you are not going to be staying at the Burrow for the holidays but with us at the apartment?"

I made a face and shook my head. I looked around and Ron spoke up and said,

"Oh mom is going to be freaking out. I don't think she will like that."

"I know but my home is there and I am needed there with Fred and George. I just hope she understands." I explained.

"We will sit down with her together and explain everything to her and hopefully she sees it our way." Fred explained.

I smiled at him and nodded. It was good that my boys have my back. We felt the train make a stop and I looked out the window. We were here. I jumped up and looked at everyone and said,

"I will see you soon. I have to make sure everyone gets off the train safely."

They nodded. I met up with Draco and we went up and down the corridors to make sure everyone was off. I looked at him on the platform and gave him a quick hug. We walked our separate ways. I quickly ran up to my family. I went into Mrs. Weasley's arms and accepted her hug. She squeezed me and said,

"I am happy you are safe."

We all apparated to the Burrow. Mrs. Weasley looked at us and said,

"Dinner will be ready soon. So everyone go unpack and settle in. Hermione, Bill said that you can take his room this holiday if you wish."

I looked to Fred and George. They nodded and we walked after Mrs. Weasley. We found her in the kitchen cooking. She looked at us and asked,

"What is it?"

"We need to talk to you mom." George said.

"What's wrong kids?" Mrs. Weasley asked concerned.

"Well, the thing is Fred and George has offered me to be part of their partnership and I was thinking about staying with them in the apartment this holiday." I explained.

You could see the look that she was giving us. She was confused and concerned. I sat her down and said,

"I need to be by the shop so if they need my help. It's nothing against you Mrs. Weasley. You have done so much for me and I could not thank you so much. But I know where I am need right now and that is with them at the shop. I really hope you understand. I don't want you to think I am trying to hurt you."

"Hermione dear, why would you think you are trying to hurt me? I understand that you care for my boys and their shop. I am proud of them for what they successes. I want you to be happy my dear. I can see that being with Fred and George at their shop makes you happy. So go ahead and stay there. They will need all the help they can get with you." She said giving me a hug.

I smiled and then looked at the boys. We nodded and quickly flooed to the flat. There waiting for us was Angela. She had the apartment all decorated and then there was the tree. It stood there bare. I smiled at her and said,

"You remember!"

"Of course I remembered. It was tradition for you and I wanted to keep it going for you. So tomorrow will be our day to decorate some more and decorate the tree too." Angela said.

I gave her a hug and whispered thank you. I could not believe all that things she was doing for me. It just shows how much love there was for me. I looked at Fred and George and they were smiling at us. This was going to be a different holiday but I think I was okay with it.