20 | Nine Months Later (Filler Chapter)

It has been about nine months since we left Jack and Gibbs in Tortuga. Hector Barbossa is as romantic as ever, just not around the crew, obviously. I recently gave birth to our daughter, Carina. She has his bright blue eyes and my brown hair. Barbossa suggested we call her Carina, the brightest star in the North. Unfortunately, we couldn't raise her on the seas, let alone a pirate ship; so we made the difficult decision of leaving her at an orphanage in England. Barbossa stole a diary from a ship not long ago and put her name in it. He also made the decision for her last name to be Smyth, my maiden name. He doesn't want his daughter to grow up hating her father because he's a pirate.

The diary contains 'The Map No Man Can Read', which is said to hold the clues of where the Trident of Poseidon is located. Barbossa stole it in Spain and ir used to belong to Galileo Galilei.

For some unknown reason, the ruby Barbossa gave to me a few years ago; which was on a cord, fits perfectly on the cover. So, we left Carina in England, where she will have a better life. It hurt us so bad to leave our only child with strangers but I know she will be safe.

A/N: I know this chapter is short, and for that, I am sorry. The next chapter may be short too but I promise after that they will be long. This kind of a filler chapter.