17 | Shipwreck Cove

We arrived at Shipwreck Cove the next evening only to be the last to arrive.

"Are you ready, Captain Smyth, Pirate Lord of Singapore?" Tai Huang asked me.

"Aye. But it seems we are the last to arrive. Sao Feng didn't owe anyone money, did he?" I replied.

"No, he did not."

"Perfect. James, are you alright? You look nervous." I asked James who had taken off his wig and looked like a real pirate.

"I.. I'm fine. Exactly how many pirates are in the Brethren Court?"

"Nine Pirate Lords plus their crews. I'm guessing a lot. Lets go." We made our way into where the Court is meeting when I heard Jack say something about Sao Feng, "Sao Feng is dead. He fell to the Flying Dutchman." The pirates started yelling.

"The plagued ship." One Pirate Lord said. I stabbed my sword into the globe in front of the Brethren Court.

"He made you captain? They're just giving the bloody title away now." Jack sounded annoyed. Barbossa turned around an was shocked to see me.

"Lily? You're a captain?" He asked and hugged me.

"Yes. Sao Feng was killed and made me captain. If not for all this we would be married by now." I replied and kissed his cheek then turned back to the Brethren, "Listen. Listen to me. Our location has been betrayed. Jones is under the command of Lord Beckett. They're on their way here."

"Who is this betrayer?" A pirate asked.

"Not likely anyone among us." Barbossa told him.

"Where's Will?" Elizabeth came out from behind Jack.

"Not among us." Jack replied.

"It matters not how they found us. The question is what will we do now that they have?" Barbossa told the Court.

"We fight." I told everyone. Most of the pirates started laughing.

"Shipwreck Cove is a fortress." I recognised this Pirate Lord as Mistress Ching, "A well supplied fortress. There is no need to fight if they cannot get to us.

"There be a third course." Barbossa started, "In another age, at this very spot, the First Brethren Court captured the sea goddess and bound her in her bones. That was a mistake. Oh, we tamed the seas for ourselves, aye. But opened the door to Beckett and his ilk. Better were the days when mastery of seas came not from bargains struck with eldritch creatures, but from the sweat of a man's brow and the strength of his back alone. You all know this to be true. Gentlemen. Ladies. We must free Calypso." He finished his speech and everyone stayed silent. Then they all start yelling again.

"Shoot him!"

"Cut out his tongue!"

"Shoot him and cut out his tongue, then shoot his tongue. And trim that beard." Jack joined in. I walked up to him an slapped him as hard as I could, "You're getting better at that, love."

"Get bent, Sparrow." I spat.

"Sao Feng would have agreed with Barbossa." Tai added.

"Calypso was our enemy then, she will be our enemy now!" Someone yelled.

"It is unlikely her mood's improved." A french pirate said.

"I would still agree with Sao Feng. We release Calypso." Another pirate agreed and placed his pistol on the table.

"You threaten me?" The french asked.

"I silence you." The pirate replied and got a punch in the nose. Suddenly all the pirates start fighting. People are being shot, hit with glass bottles and beaten up on the table.