7 | Attack

A/N: I am sooo sorry for taking so long. I have been busy with my studies and change of plan, my last day is next week. I will be writing heaps of chapters between now and then. This chapter would have been published sooner but Wattpad decided to delete half of it, which I forgot. It is now written a little differently but I hope you enjoy it❤ Also, tonight I am making it my mission to watch all 5 Pirates Of The Caribbean movies.

Back on the Black Pearl, Barbossa, Jack and I are sitting in the office. Jack the monkey on my shoulder. He really is a cute un-dead monkey.

"So you expect to leave me stranded on some beach with nothing but a name and your word it's the one I need, and watch you sail away in my ship?" Barbossa chuckles. Jack is a bit of an arsehole if I'm quite honest.

"No." He replies, still quite cheery. "I expect to leave you standing on some beach with no name at all, watching me sail away on my ship, and then I'll shout the name back to you. Savvy?"

"But that still leaves the problem of me standing on some beach, with naught but a name and your word it's the one I need." I must admit, Barbossa was quite sexy when he's pissed off. I shouldn't be thinking like that but my whole life has been tight corsets, etiquette classes and fancy balls. I need some excitement in my life; and where better to find it than on a pirate ship. Jack picks up an apple, mocking Barbossa as he can't eat anything.

"Of the two of us, I am the only one who hasn't commited mutiny." He picks up another apple in the other hand and plays with them, then sets one back in the bowl. He's so weird. "Therefore, my word is the one we'll be trusting. Although, I suppose I should be thanking you because, in fact, if you hadn't betrayed me and left me to die, I would have an equal share in that curse, same as you." He takes a bite of the apple. "Funny old world, isn't it?" Jack hands out the apple to Barbossa, still mocking him. Then a crew member walks in.

"Captain! We're coming up on the Interceptor." Jack the monkey squeals and we all rush up to the deck. I spot the Interceptor quite far infront of us. I walk over to Pintel and Ragetti who are kind of my friends. I mean, Ragetti did help me when I was stabbed.

"Pintel, how long have you been working on this ship?" I ask.

"Bit over ten years, I suppose. I kinda miss havin' Sparrow as our captain, he was much more fun than Barbossa. Let us joke around. But you joke around now, you'll end up with old fish face when the curse is broken." Ragetti started laughing his head off, same as myself. Once again, that turned into a laughing fit.

"You mean Davy Jones?" I laughed.

"Aye." I continued to laugh my head off. I got questioning looks from the crew and Barbossa walks over to us.

"Miss Lily, what seems to be so funny?" He asks, confusion written all over his face.

"Sorry, Captain. Pintel told me a funny joke." I replied, holding my laughter in. He nods and turns to the rest of the crew.

"Haul on the main brace! Make ready the guns! And run out the sweeps." Barbossa's crew run around and do as they are told. I notice Sparrow is missing. Probably locked in the brig. As we approach the Interceptor, I notice large barrels and crates floating towards us. They are probably trying to lighten the ship. Like that would make a difference.

"Barbossa?" I walk up to him, scared.

"Yes, Miss Lily?"

"Please, just call me Lily. Is this going to be an attack?" I don't want to die.

"Yes. It's the easiest way to get the medallion. Why? Are you scared?" He looks down and smirks. Bastard.

"Obviously. I don't plan on getting killed today so please explain what the hell an 'elemental manipulator' is." I crossed my arms, really pissed off. There are easier ways to get the medallion. There is really no need for a fight.