8/ I count your heartbeats before you sleep \8

That night, I slept now a single hour, so at four, I just decided to take my time to get ready. I took a nice shower, then got out an hour later, and put on perfume and deodorant. Then I slid on my bra and a pair of underwear, both light purple. I then slid on a pair of high waisted ripped black jean shorts, then my brothers Star Wars shirt, that still smelt like cigarets, weed, alcohol, and vanilla, but it smelt good, up close all those things smell offal though. I then slid on my black high top converse that were shredded, of corse with my socks, and to top off the look, I stuffed my high school lanyard in my pocket, that had my house key, and my hole picked student ID card. But I bet my mom would have our locks changed and my line canceled.

I walked to the bathroom with my makeup bag and sat on the counter. I thought since I had so much time I'd go all out. So I did my foundation, translucent powder, cream and powder contour, high light, eyebrows, pink and brown based smiley eye, mascara, thin  winged eyeliner, and setting spray. I'm usual pretty natural, but with all my free time I thought I'd have some fun with my look. I probably should have dressed better for my look... still time!

I walked back to my room, and put on a tie dyed crop top that went to just above my belly button, and kept the shorts, as they were pretty high waisted, just below my belly button, but on the sides the went all the way. Then I changed into my vans instead, and put my hair half up, letting it dry in its natural curls.

There was a nock on the door, then as I turned around it opened. I looked to see mike in only sweatpants, looking pretty damn tired.

"Why are you already up?" He groaned, hair messy, and I giggled

"You look like shit" I stated, and he flipped me off "I didn't sleep"

"I told you we had an air mattress" he sighed

"It wasn't cause of that" I shrugged

"I'm sorry" he admitted

"It's fine, but please tell me, you have a coffee maker?" I bit my lip

"It depends" he cracked his neck "If you did would you make me some?"

"If I said no would you kick me?" I giggled

"Probably" he smirked

"Then yes I would"

I made us all coffee as Mike watched the news, and I also ended up making eggs and toast, i was a little skinny, but I still ate a lot. Well, not skinny, but not fat? I mean, my stomach didn't quite hang over, and I had some thick thighs, and an okay butt, plus I'm a DD, so not skinny, but I was 5"4 and one thirty six. Not bad, at all.

I gave him a plate and a mug and he smiled, "Thank you"

"Yeah" I nod "Is Vic up?"

"Nah" he laughed at me "We usually wake up around noon"

"Lucky" I sit beside him and eat

"You need a ride?" He asks me

"It's only eight blocks" I shrug

"My fat ass made mama take Vic and I, and it was only four" Mike laughed

"You call your mom mama? That's cute" I smile

"Ah, all Mexicans do" he admitted "Unless your a turtle and you call her Madre"

"I hardly even call my mom mom" I shrug "I'm probably never gonna get to call her mom to her face"

"It's okay" Mike reassured me "You can hop on the Mexican band wagon"

"You overly advertise that your Mexican, you know that?" I arched an eyebrow

"What are you?" He asked me

"What aren't I is a better question" I laughed "My family is almost every race, for Christmas my dad and mom did the ancestry thing, but they wouldn't let Jonah or I, well, my mom wouldn't"

"Maybe she cheated on your dad" Mike suggests

"What?" I spat, that was the craziest thing I've ever heard!

"Well you don't really look like your brother" he mumbles

I had never thought of it. I never lest the house, yet I had a killer tan, while my very outdoorsy, social brother was pale. My mom was pale too, and my dad was slightly tan, but not as much as me.

"What if your right?" I asked him nervously "What if my mom had an affair?"

"You can get a paternity text" he looks at me sadly

"That's expensive" I tell him and he shrugs

"But isn't it worth it?"