Chapter 27 - Surprise, surprise

This may be more violent chapter, just a warning.

As soon as we got to the shaman house he had already left. He knew that we were coming for him.

"Hey." Nathan said wrapping his arms around my waist. "We will find him I promise." He placed a kiss on my mark, a shiver went through my body. I closed my eyes in the pleasure.

"I just can't believe it! He helped us, he was my friend." Tears burned in my eyes. I just couldn't get over the betrayal. But I guess I should be used to it by now.

"Beautiful, I know it hurts but we will make him pay." I sighed and nodded, turning around and placed my head on his chest. He pulled me closer to him, kissing my head.

We stood like that for minutes, until I pulled away.

"Lets go get breakfast?" Nathan nodded and took my hand leading me towards the kitchen. The pack, or better yet the upper part of the pack worthy of eating breakfast with the Alpha and his Luna, was sitting there. There eyes was starring at us when we entered. Clearly the news of Mia and the shaman had spread.

"John." John looked up at Nathan curious. "You will be the new shaman until you can find and train someone else, that is if you accept." He nodded in approval.

"As for the rest of you. I am Alpha. I have never let you down and never will. We will find Mia and the other traitors and rip them to shreds! We will show them our power and why we are famous!" His motivation seemed to work. There was cheers, howls and battle cries sounding from the men and woman.

"And this time..." He looked at me smiling and held out a hand, I took it without thinking twice. "My queen and your luna will join us. By my side." My stomach turned at the thought of going into war. "We will raise, we will fight and we will kill. Victory is ours! Tonight we feast like kings, tomorrow we fight in war!" Tomorrow?. The crowd roared. It worked they were ready to fight and kill for there Alpha.

When me and Nathan were finally alone after a long day of training and a long night of drinking and dancing, I saw my opportunity.

"Tomorrow!?" I almost yelled.

"Yeah?" He shrugged.

"You could have told me! I am not ready I would get killed."

"I will protect you." He growled.

"You can't focus on me and a war!?"

"Calm down love, the packs needs their Luna and with her in their war, it inspires them. I will sacrifice my life for yours and our sons but this has to happen." The rest of the night I couldn't really remember, I just know sleep wasn't a big option.

"Five more minutes!" I said as I felt someone shaking me. Don't they know how important sleep is?

"It's time darling." Nathan's voice was ringing in my ears.

"Time for what?" I said turning, pulling the pillow over my head.

"War." He spoke coldly.

I sat up immediately, my heart racing. I forgot about the war. Nerves was creeping up towards me. Nathan noticed my distress and pulled me towards him kissing my forehead.

"Relax love, everything will be alright."

I got up and dressed. I doesn't really matter what I would be in wolf form anyways.

As soon as I got out the closet my vision became blurry.

Men are falling around me, Nathans wolf was beside me a deep red. I kept on running beside him, attacking everybody in our way. They dropped like sticks at our combined power. I have never seen so much blood in my life.