Chapter 26 - Misguided

Nathan was waiting for us when we got outside the room, his whole body was tense. He clearly didn't like the idea of me and Vincent in the same room together. Vincent on the other hand was still confused as to what I had just told him, I personally don't even know how that is possible. I feel sorry for Vincent now knowing he wanted my son to be his own, but when that didn't work he moved to plan B.

"Your army will be ready tomorrow." Vincent looked at Nathan and started walking towards the exit. I was left alone with Nathan in complete silence. He still hasn't calmed down.

"You will follow into battle, at my side." He finally spoke up.

"What!?" As much as I want to rip Mia's head from her body for what she had done to us, I wasn't a warrior.

"I am hoping all you training with Lou actually meant something."

"Nathan do you not remember how all the seers got killed, because a foolish Alpha thought he can take them into war."

"I will protect you."

"Yeah right, he probably said that line too."

Suddenly Nathan was in front of me not even leaving space for a needle between us. "I will protect you with my life, if you would die, than so shall I."

I fell silent. Didn't know how to respond. At least he still cared about me, I hope. He placed a tiny kiss on my forehead.

"Come let's go train."

"Uh, I think Lou is busy with the front line warriors now, I saw them earlier heading that way."

"I didn't say you would be training with Lou." He winked and started walking towards the training fields.

In the middle of the fields there was a ring, commonly used for sparring and challenges. Nathan entered the ring and waited for me to approach. As soon as I was in the ring, I was face first on the ground, somehow being tripped by Nathan.

"Your enemy will not wait for you to enter the battlefield before attack, your enemy does not have morals, he is a coward, that makes him all the more dangerous. You must be on your guard at all times." I stood up growling flinging myself at Nathan, he stepped away and I fell again.

"Do not let emotions control your actions, that's when you make mistakes." I stood up again this time, I was standing in a fighting position ready for him to attack first. He stood there with his hands behind his back, calmly.

"Good now you are ready for a battle." He stepped closer to me, aiming a punch my way, I had just dived in the right time. It went on like that for a while, Nathan aiming punches, me trying to miss or block them. That's when I saw my opportunity. I launched a kick his way, but he grabbed my leg. Pulling me closer my one leg now on his waist with his hand moving towards my thigh. His other free hand he moved to my other thigh lifting me up on top of him. His hands positioned on my butts.

We just stood like that starring in to each others eyes, when his lips crashed into mine. I happily kissed him back not caring who was watching. I would even take him, there and now if it meant he would not be angry with my anymore. Our lips moved entwined, like they were made for each other, our sweaty bodies pressed hard together. This kiss was not passionate but rough. He bit my bottom lip asking me permission to enter my mouth, I parted my mouth, letting his tongue slip in, exploring me. I was disappointed when he pulled away, letting my feat back to the ground. Our breathing was heavy, his lips were swollen and red and I knew mine looked worse.

"What do you say we continue this back in our room?" He whispered with a husky voice in my ear. We both sort of smirked at each other before taking his hand and him leading me the way.

*******
For the first time in a long time I felt happy again. Nathan was tracing my naked body with he fingers while I lied my head on his chest. My one hand playing with his soft hair, the other resting on his rock hard stomach. My eyes was closed breathing in his scent. I wished we could stay like this forever. There was a knock on the door. Nathan groaned and I tried my best to cover myself. Even though Nathan was sitting on most of the sheets and he was heavy.

"What?!" His voice ran through the room.

"A..alpha your son."

"What about him?" Nathan said sitting up straight.

"He seems to have a fever."

"Call the pack doctor and the shaman immediately, tell them to meet me in his room. NOW!" Nathan got up in the speed of light and got dressed. I did the same.

Before we even entered the baby's room we could hear the baby coughing. I took him in my arms and felt he was burning hot. The doctor approached with the shaman and John behind him.

"Lets have a look." The doctor told me, not really wanting to hand my child over, but I had to. The doctor examined him.

"Hmm beside the burning up and coughing, nothing else seems to be out of order. I would give you something for the fever, and then we will see in a couple of days." The doctor said.

"Shaman can you look if this is something magical. I am done with these games." Nathan said.

"Let me see." He stood over the child, eyes closed, slowly humming with his hands above the child.

"I sense no magic Alpha." He said. That was a relieve. Nathan order everybody out except me and him. We sat with our ill child.

"Excuse me?" John entered after a while. We both looked up at him. "I have to tell you something." Nathan nodded for him to continue.

"While the shaman did his thing, I decided to do my own check. I sensed magic, I don't know why he is hiding it from you, but he sure is laying."

Then it all made sense! How Mia easily had gotten herself in and out of our lands, how she knew exactly when to take Nathan, why he couldn't find a solution to the hex. The shaman is a traitor!