Chapter 24 - An alpha's blood

As soon as we came back to the pack house we were greeted with stares. As Nathan passed the wolves they all bowed their heads in respect but no one uttered a word. The house was silent. I held Aden tighter to me. Nathan headed straight to his office, Alec eyes widened when he saw him.

"What is this shit that my mate and your Luna be unranked?" This was the first words that Nathan had spoken since we got back.

"Alpha I was only doing what was best for our pack." Alec defended standing from the desk.

"And where the hell do you get that from?" Nathan spat.

"Alpha she is an outsider, she does not belong here."

"She is my mate! And your Luna, show her some respect. As if now she is given her position back as Luna."

"Yes Alpha." Alec submitted.

"And as for your punishment, you will work a week of kitchen duty."

What?!

"Alpha that is beneath me, I can't work as a commoner, what would the pack think! A beta in the kitchen. It's laughable."

"You will do as your told." He used his Alpha tone. Alec only nodded and left.

"Kitchen duty!?" I almost screamed. Isabelle who was clearly behind us took Aden and left with John.

"Whats the problem?" Nathan sat down at the desk.

"He basically threw me out of the pack and all he get is kitchen duty!"

"Lea, He was only doing what he thought was right. I probably would have done the same, I can't punish a beta on working on his instincts. Heck this was almost to harsh on him, but he must learn not to disrespect whats mine." I was beyond livid.

"Well technically I am NOT yours." I spat as I stormed out of the room slamming the door behind me.

That night Nathan came cautiously to bed. I already lied in bed when he entered. He stripped and got in next to me.

"Sorry." He whispered. I ignored him. "I cannot punish him, my pack would think my loyalty lies more with you than him, that I would ban my beta just because he had the pack in mind. Lea I can't."

I turned to face it. "Let's just leave it. I am still not happy with it, but I learned to let a lot of things go these last couple of months."

"Okay." He placed a hand on my waist, kissing my forehead. He didn't move after that, his face was incredibly close to mine.

"When you said today that you weren't mine. Memories flashed back from a night on a mountain top, where I asked you to be mine and you said yes." His face moved closer. My heart was pounding heavily. "I remembered how much I wanted you that night." He moved closer until our lips were almost touching. "How much I crave you!" He growled smashing his mouth on mine. I let the pleasure of him sink into me. I remembered most of our lives together, our talks, our kisses, our lovemaking. He moved down towards my neck and my collarbone, where the mark used to be, it had faded in time. He kissed it softly. And then he let his canines sink into that spot, both pleasure and pain shot threw me. He remarked me as his own .

******
"Alpha!" A voice called knocking on the door.

"Yes!" Nathan growled his voice was husky, he was clearly in the mood for more sleep. He held my naked body tighter to him.

"There is a man here, a trader. He says he was valuable information. All he asks his food and a night to sleep."

"Send him away, I don't want anything." Nathan said shut his eyes again.

"He said its about Mia." Nathan sat up and got out bed, immediately started dressing. Nathan never told me how he escaped Mia. I must remember to ask him.

When we got downstairs, a scrawny little man dressed in rags sat at the kitchen table munching on food.

"Don't waist my time." Nathan said fierce to the man. He nodded repeatedly before answering.

"Apparently she marches toward you, she gathered a bunch of rouges and made an alliance with the Alpha's from the west and south wing. I saw them on my way here. They are a lot. She is sour because of your escape. You guys killed a lot her best fighters but she had time to revive. The witched left her , they said she is a lost cause, so the only magic that remains is hers. But she is powerful."

I looked at Nathan.

"How did you escape?"

"Isabella put some sort of mesmerizing spell on the weak minded soldiers and the strong minded ones I killed." He shrugged. "The hardest part was finding you, I met a member of the pack, a omega, along the way he said you left the pack. I didn't know where to start searching. I wanted to ask Vincents help." The mention of Vincent sent guilt inside of me.

"Oh Vincent the guy with the hybrid army?"The man who I forgot was still in our company said.

"He doesn't have a hybrid army, the experiments didn't work." I said bored.

"Oh, but he does. Apparently he got his hands on a very strong Alpha's blood. One that has not been heard of before. He injected the blood into the hearts of his soldiers so that they can be strong enough to take the pressure of a vampires blood. At least that's what I heard."

I got up and rushed towards my son's room. I saw he was a bit blue on his arm with a tiny injection mark. Son of a bitch!

Nathan came in.

"That asshole took Aden's blood for his army."

"I will kill him." Nathan snapped.

"Wait there's more." Now is as good time as any to tell him. "I slept with Vincent."