Chapter 17 - The council

The door unlocked. I never ate the food they gave me, didn't wash my face so it was full of tear and eyeliner marks. I just sat on the floor and let my head rest on the bed. Fighting didn't help. After I have destroyed the entire room and spent the entire day scratching up the door and everything around me, no one came. They just ignored me and kept me locked up. Even if it meant that I would kill myself. They didn't care.

I turned into my wolf a couple of times, but somehow I wasn't strong enough to break the door.

Stepping inside was Alec, not alone tho but with other men as well. I was ready to launch myself towards him but the men pinned me down.

"The council wants to see you." They took me downstairs towards the car.

We drove for hours like it seemed to me, until we finally stopped next to a big building. The men took me towards the building with Alec walking in front.

When we entered there was about 16 people sitting in a crescent moon position. In front of them was huge tables filled with books and papers. They were all dressed pretty formal. In the middle of the group a guy was sitting slightly higher than the rest. I am guessing he speaks for the council.

What I have learned through my studies, the council is linked through mind speak. All the voices are rambled into the head of the speaker. He then combines them and judges them and then he makes his final judgement.

The council is only really seen when a werewolf does something really bad or when a important choice is made regarding the pack.

"Lea Jackson sit down." The guy in the middle commanded. I obeyed and sat down in the seat in the middle. I saw Lou coming from a door behind them, also dressed neatly in a suit. He came to stood beside me.

"You are a rough who smuggled herself into the head of an Alpha."

"That is not...." Lou placed his hand on my shoulder, telling me to keep quiet.

"Your pack doesn't accept you as Luna anymore, therefore you have two choices." He remained silent, as if he was listening to the voices speak.

"You will either stay in the pack, but only as a Omega. You will serve the Beta, and when your son comes of age, you will serve him." He remained silent once again.

"Your second choice will be to leave the pack. If you were to return then we will immediately kill you, you will not see your son ever again."

"What if I choose to stay, when will I see my son."

"Until he has come of age you will never see him. Only to breastfeed as Alec has ordered you once before.

You are now welcome to consult with your elder. We will resume in 15 minutes."
They stood up and started walking towards the door.

"Lou." I stood up and hugged him. "At least someone's on my side."

"Are you okay Lea?" He looked me into my eyes.

"I don't know. I don't know what to do." I looked down.

"I say you stay. At least you get to see your son and when he comes of age he will choice you to guide him. "

I thought for a moment.

"No." I stood firm. "I will not allow them to bully me into something. I will leave and when I return, I will be strong. I will take back my son and I will find my mate."

"Lea, please think about what you are saying. This will be hard. We are one of the strongest packs. This isn't a very wise..."

The council returned. They took their seats and the room fell silent.

"Have you decided Lea Jackson?" The speaker spoke and broke the silence.

"Yes." I stood firm but my entire body was shaking inside. "I will leave the pack." The entire room burst into people talking and gasps from both the council members and others. I think they didn't suspect that response.

"Lea think about this!" Lou tried again.

"Quiet!" The speaker ordered. "Lea Jackson is this your final decision?"

"Yes." Was all I said. Everybody in the room looked shocked.

"Very well, you will leave the pack never to return."

"Oh no I will return. One day is one day."

"Don't make threats you cannot keep Jackson." Alec said from the side.

"I can and will keep it Alec." I spat out.

"You may leave Lea." The speaker commanded.

*****

For the first time in forever I sat in a regular human bar. I was burring my sorrows in alcohol. I felt a presents come and sit next to me. I looked up and saw the one and only king of the vampires. Vincent.