Chapter 22 - You have a choice

A smirk played on Vincent lips, if it was real or forced that I did not know.

"Nathan. Old friend, welcome home." Nathan frowned. Instead of answering, Nathan stepped forward and shake hands with Vincent.

"Thank you more taking care of my mate." Nathan said fiercely like an Alpha should. The word 'mate' stung inside me like a bee.

"No problem, but please come inside, you got a lot of catching up to do." Vincent winked at me. The old shaman and fae followed Vincent inside, it was only me and Nathan left standing.

"Do you want to see your son?" I asked nervously as if talking to a stranger.

"I would love that." He gave me a warm smile. He put his hand on the bottom of my back and lead my inside. Something of his touch, it gave a sort of electric pulse running over me. I shivered.

"You okay?" Nathan asked. I just nodded in response.

"I heard you named our son, Aden." He tried to spike up conversation.

"Yeah, you wanted that."

"I remember." And just like that the conversation went dead. We walked in silence the rest of the way. When we got inside Vincent left for his study, probably to replan his strategy since things changed, he also gestured one of the human servant he compelled to take the rest up to their rooms. I showed Nathan the way to the Nursery. When we got inside Nathan froze, he kept starring down at Aden.

"You can pick up you know?" I reassured him. He took the baby in his arms, something almost like a tear formed in his eyes.

"Hey there young one." He spoke softly.

"I will be leaving you two then, my room is just across the hall." After I left Nathan and Aden I bolted to Vincent study.

He sat at his desk, deeply concentrating on the papers he had in front him.

"Vincent." I called to get his attention. He looked up, his face was emotionless.

"Are you okay?" He nodded and looked back down at the paperwork, it seemed as if he was trying to calm himself.

"Vincent talk to me." He slammed his pen down, clenching his jaw. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at me.

"What can I say, I let my guard down and now all my plans at scattered because of it."

"What plans?"

"Nothing that matter now."

"What...what about our deal? The whole being queen thing?"

Vincent sighed. "Well that dear Lea, is simply your choice. I can't force you to love me now can I?"

"That's the thing." I felt tears burn in my eyes. "I currently feel more for you, than Nathan. I hardly know him!"

"It is all because of the curse. In time your feelings will return."

"And if I choose to stay with you?"

"We both know you won't, the bond is already being reestablished. The mate pull will call you."

Tears stung in my eyes, he spent the night with me and it didn't mean a single thing. He wouldn't even fight for me and here I thought he cared about me.

"Nathan may never know. About us I mean."

"I won't be the one who tells him, sweetheart."

I turned and opened the door.

"One last thing." I turned to face Vincent.

"I made a deal with the pack remember. The child, it stays with me."

"What!?"

"That will be all." He dismissed me with his hand. Anger boiled inside me as I slammed the door shut. I walked to my room, only to find Nathan sitting on my bed, he stood up as soon as he saw me.

"You seemed distressed." He walked closer to me.

"It's nothing, just some old drama." He took his hand and put it on my cheek. Warms and lightning filled my body.

"Do you need something?"

"Yes." He removed his hand and shifted on his feet nervously. "I don't really know how to explain it but uhmm I felt like I needed to be near you, you understand?"

"Yeah I understand, I feel it too, it's the mates pull."

"Do...do you mind if I sleep here tonight?" That question blew me away. My wolf came alive. I could feel her stir. How can I deny my mate to sleep with me, even if he felt like a complete stranger. Apart of me screamed to let him in, another part felt guilt over my actions with Vincent. A man who didn't even care about me one single bit. I was just a pawn in his pathetic plan to conquer the world, or whatever. A man who wanted to take my child away from me.

"Yes you may sleep next to me." I said in defeat. The best I could do is try to recover the mates bond and forget that bloodsucking leach.

He grinned deeply and started removing his shirt and pants.

"What...what are you doing?"

"This is how I always sleep beautiful." Memories flashed back to our nights together, that was in fact how he slept. I also remembered the nickname he gave me when we met. Beautiful.

I entered the closet and dressed in a wide T-shirt and panties, I guess Nathan has saw me in less so what does it really matter right? When I existed the closet, Nathan was already laying on his side the bed which he claimed before I got a chance, I remembered his arrogance which I both loved and hated. I entered the bed next to him, we weren't touching but it felt intimate. I allowed sleep to take over my body and help me temporary forget.

******
Okay so I am curious, who do you like more Nathan or Vincent? And who would be better match?

Let me know!!

Also thank you I am #181 in werewolf and almost have 10K readers thank you and love you guys.