11.1 | In which, answers are given

Adelaide Neaera (as played by Ashley Benson) ^^

MADELINE

Madeline had come to a conclusion, passing out, was not her thing

Madeline had come to a conclusion, passing out, was not her thing. She wasn't sure how it could really be anyone's thing, but she was adamant that she'd do anything in her power to prevent herself passing out again. This time as she came-to she didn't have any pains, or information to process, or even someone to sit there and hold her, this time she was alone.

Gazing around her, Madeline concluded that everything was simply perfect. Although she was alone, she didn't feel lonely, nor did she feel unwelcome in the strange place. In fact, the place felt homely, and she felt loved. Everything around her was in variations of white, and green.

It was a room, she realised, which flowed with wide doors out into a garden. Beyond the garden she saw tree laden hills, all in the same colour green as the room seemed to be in. Standing up, Madeline was surprised that she felt completely renewed, she was not tired, and she did not have any aches or pains. Everything, just like this place she was in, seemed perfect.

Wandering her way out the large doors, Madeline sighed in content when her bare feet touched the grass. It was soft, and cushioned her feet as she tentatively placed them down. She continued outwards, noticing for the first time that she could not hear Martina in her head, in fact, she couldn't hear the she-wolf at all.

She breathed calmly, and slowly, attempting to not lose her mind. She'd only ever heard of one occasion where a shifter had lost connection with the counter-part of their soul, and she knew that the reason had not been pleasant.

She felt a tear slide down her cheek, as a flicker of something was seen running across the line of trees in front of her. Holding in a gasp, she took a slight step forward. She could've sworn it was a wolf, that it was her wolf.

"Martina?" She questioned to the creature, as it stepped forward and whined. She couldn't help the grin that stretched over her face, at least she wasn't about to face the thought of losing her wolf. Madeline was ecstatic, to meet the soul of her wolf, interact with her as though they were not one, it was a strange, yet alleviating feeling. She knew they'd always be one, but the vivid display of her being one-part of another solidified Madeline's understanding of the shifter soul bond.

Smiling, she crouched down in front of the she-wolf, running her hands over her softly as she licked up the side of Madeline's face. Madeline laughed and wiped the slobber Martina had left behind, before a more sobering thought entered her mind. She wondered why they were no longer one, why they seemed to be split, and if this would be permanent. Was Madeline split from Martina for not fixing the issue sooner?

She felt her eyes tearing up as she felt the hypothetical loss of Martina, before she stopped herself. No, if that were the case, the Goddess wouldn't torture her with the presence of her wolf, with the intention of taking her from Madeline moments later. Sighing, she hugged Martina's wolf form into her side, before standing and turning back towards the room she'd come from.