Royal Visit

Mernique's mind drifted back to that same cold night in the woods. But something was different this time. As Sarien dragged her one of the figures came out. She stared at him. No! He was there! The night her sister was killed. King Jaecar? "Sick em! "He said to the wolf as he stormed towards them. "WAKE UP! " a voice screamed.

Mernique's eyes flung open and she shot up straight and she saw Felix doing the same. Felix then glared at Blade then hs rubbed his tired eyes. "What the hell?!  You couldn't just shake us awake?!  Did you try and give us heart attacks! "Felix's screamed upset.

Her neck was oddly stiff and painful. She messaged it gently. She saw Felix stretching himself awake and Mernique did the same. They were both as stiff as a board. "Why did you wake us up? "Mernique asked curios.

Felix's eyes was still glaring at Blade. "We received word a royal is about to is coming... "Blade said. "A Royal?! "Mernique and Felix synced their shock.
Blade nodded his head " Yes, the Court is sending reinforcements to help us built are losses at camp... "Blade explained.

"What is the catch? "Mernique asked not sure about this royal person. "Well... something about protection I'm not sure... "Blade said wondering. "Couldn't you decline? Pan needs us right now... "Mernique said. Protection? Protection from what is the question?

Felix was silent through all this."There nearly here.... "Blade said shaking his head. Mernique sighed. "Oh, by the way Charlotte is awake and ready to meet you down at the fire. See you soon. "He said greeting them.

"Protection? "Mernique repeated Blades words. "Why should we protect her? I thought you didn't do stuff like that... "Mernique wondered. "The Court regularly brings people to protect. We exchange in supplies and money. It's a small business. "Felix said shrugging.

Strange... Looks like Pan has a soft spot for the old Court. Well both of them would have to freshen up a bit. Mernique just changed into the same clothes but they were cleaner and was less covered in blood. She still wore her black top and back leather pants with black combat boots. She didn't dress to impress not while the Hunters might be lurking here in some way. She dressed ready for battle.

When she walked outside she went to meet her old friend. Charlotte was sitting by the fire, her nose in a book. Looks like she found her hidden stash. They had the same taste in books. She loves supernatural books epically about Vampires and Werewolfs.

She smiled at her friend. "Charlotte! "She called out. Charlotte lifted her head from the book.  She smiled and put the book down. Mernique ran to her friend, crushing her in a hug. "Hey!  Your up! Shouldn't you still be sleeping? "Mernique asked gently to her friend.

"Yeah... Well actually  being a werewolf has some perks. "She said smiling. "About the werewolf thing, let's maybe keep that a secret for now... just until things settle. "She said careful. She didn't want the boys while they are so unstable to know yet.

They might chase her with pitchforks or some of them might end up unconscious on the ground. "Relax Blade said the same thing... It was weird my transformation but awesome! "She cried out. She shook her head at her friend.

"Why didn't you tell me about your werewolf powers? "She asked a little hurt. "I didn't even know! Besides you didn't tell me that your a Dragon Warrior! "Charlotte spat back.

She shook her head at her friend. She saw Charlotte was wearing training gear. "Are you going to train? "She asked gesturing to her clothes. It was a dark tank top, black jeans and combat boots. Her hair was also tied up in a ponytail. 

"Yes, with Blade... But not now, first you and I are going to catch up. "She smiled as her friend tugged on her arm pulling her towards the trees.

They found a nice spot where the sun was shinning on her skin. She welcomed the warmth.  Mernique tried to start from the beginning. How Pan saved her from Bradley, brought her here to Neverland, how he showed her his secret spot (she didn't say where it was), how she was nearly drowned by Sirens, how they shown them her visions, her family tree, Pan's link to her father and Grandfather, how she first thought she was a hybrid but actually she  was a Dragon Warrior.

She even explained how Neverland works, the seven kingdoms, the threats and dangerous. When Mernique finally was done she felt like a massive weight was off her shoulders.

Charlotte blinked twice "Woah... Information overload. "Charlotte muttered. She couldn't help burst out laughing. Charlotte joined in. She really did miss Charlotte. Charlotte was like her sister. She was her rock, she could always tell her anything, they never lied to each other or kept secrets.

She knew Charlotte from when they  2 years old. Nobody would believe the adventures they went on. Soon Blade emerged from the trees. He was going to train Charlotte now. She waved at her friend.

She walked towards Felix. He was standing infornt of the camp. She stood next to him. "Their here Felix said and pointed at the horses flying in the carriage. They landed gracefully not far from here. Felix and Mernique started walking towards the carriage. It was beautifully painted in gold and the horses where rainbow coloured.

She was struck. The Court knows how to make an entrance that's for sure. Felix was actually smiling. Felix smiling? This is going to be good.

A few guards in gold uniform walked out of the carriage. A royal advisor also climbed out. He had a big black mustache and had his hair combed neatly on his head. She nearly laughed at how ridiculously funny he looks.

Felix walked to the last carriage that  pulled up. Mernique followed him, standing behind him. He opened the door. A young woman climbed out. She was slim, tall. She had a cloak over her head. She had long brown hair and brown warm eyes. She looks so familiar but Mernique couldn't place her finger on it...

She looked sad but when her eyes fell on Felix she smiled brightly and hugged him. "Felix! It's so good to see you again!  "The girl said delighted.

Felix didn't look angry or upset like she suspected him to be. He gladly hugged back. He knows her... He likes her!  It's written all over his face. "Sarien! What brings you here? "Felix said his face shinning.

"Oh, we have a lot to discuss. But I want to introduce myself to your friend behind you. "She said smiling warmly at Mernique. She was beautiful, no wonder Felix liked her.  "I'm Mernique, Nice to meet you. "She said bowing lightly. She laughed softly. "You don't have to bow. We are equals. My name is Sarien. "She said reaching her hand out.

Mernique was shocked. Royals usually act so mighty and powerful but she didn't she thought herself as a person with just a titel that's all nothing more fancy than that...

Mernique gladly smiled and took her hand. Felix was chuckling a bit at her shocked expression. She glared at him. "Well let's get stared. "Sarien said clapping her hands together.