Old Wounds

An angry wolf Rick was storming at Mernique. She kept her feet firm. Just as he sprang a sudden crack was heard. A giant net wrapped around Rick. He gave a surprised yelp. Rick struggled and fought against the net trying to bite the net loose. He soon transformed back into a human. Felix jumped out behind the tree. He was holding the rope connected to the trap. He was smirking at the trap. "Trap like a wolf! "He said.

Mernique rolled her eyes at his attempt to make a pun. "Nice job distracting him! It really looked like you were ready to die. "He said nearly laughing as if it was a joke that she nearly died. She stared at the trap infront of her.

Pan who was still sitting down was staring at something else instead of the trap. He was staring at Blade as if he only noticed now that he was human. Felix walked over towards Pan. Pan was a little pale but had shaken it off when Felix stood next to him.

"He got his dog slobber all over me! "Pan said disgusted and looked at his shirt disgusted. Felix laughed and reached his arm out to help Pan up. Pan thankfully took his friends arm and Felix pulled him to his feet.

He shot a glare at Rick and Blade. Blade was still knocked out and Rick's back was to Pan but he smirked as if he could sense Pan was glaring at him. Meeting her eyes, Rick winked at her. She folded her arms over her breast and laughed disgusted.

Pan's eyes fell on her. He looked the one minute relieved then angry. "You shouldn't have done that. "Pan said in dangerously low voice. His eyes was cold and narrowed on her as if he tried to pierce her very soul. His arms crossed against his chest. A dangerous expression was marked on his face. She couldn't tell if it was hatred, sadness, fear or anger. Maybe a mix.

She looked surprised at him then soon anger washed over her. For what? Saving his life! "I saved your life! "Mernique said defending herself.

"I was doing perfectly fine on my own! "Pan yelled back at her. She laughed sarcastically under her breath. "Sure you were. "Mernique mutterd under her breath. Pan turned around and glared at her.

She returned his glare with one of her own. Felix's eyes kept darting between the two. He looked like he wanted to burst out laughing but kept stuttering only soft laughters only low enough that she could hear. That would be the last time she saves his sorry butt!

A sudden grunt made them both turn their heads. She saw Blade struggling into a sitting potion and then rubbed his head painfully. He then took in the environment that was displayed for him.

Rick in a cage, Felix and Pan both standing with arms folded across their chest and an anger expression marked both their faces. Mernique smiling softly at him relieved to see he was oky. Suddenly he became very pale and swore under his breath.

Pan made his way towards him. His movement dangerous and fast. He grabbed Blade by the collar, yanked him to his feet then slammed him into a tree, pinning him. Mernique gave a surprised gasp and was shaking, horrified at what might happen to Blade.

She understood why Pan is angry but Blade did just become her friend in the last few days so it would be hard for her to watch and not act. Plus he did safe her life multiple times. Felix seeing her sudden horrified and tense expression he strides over to Pan placed a hand on his shoulder then whisperd something in his ear.

Pan grunted and shot his head at her then Felix. He grabbed Blade by the collar again and dragged him with him a few feet away that they were out of sight and hearing range. Felix soon followed probably to make sure they don't kill other.

Rick suddenly burst out laughing. She gave him a disgusted look and considered if she should cut the rope that he falls on his head or not.

Soon a rustling in the bushes made her spun around. Risk's later laughter died and he was also staring at the bushes. Maybe it was Pan and Blade returning from their chat or it's Felix trying to drag them away from each other. No, they just left.

Waiting for what is to come soon a small figure fell at her feet. She gasped recognizing the spike red hair. "Rickey! "She cried out in fear. She cradles the small figure into her arms checking if the boy had a pulse.

She sighed relieved when she could feel a steady pulse. Rickey's face was covered with blood on the one side where Rick had hitten him. His eyes fluttered open, confusing marking his eyes. He was breathing heavily practically gasping for air. "Shh... Your safe Rickey don't be afraid. "She said in a low, soothing voice a mother would use.

She rocked him back and forth in her arms. Whenever Carlos had a nightmare she would cradle him in her arms, rocking him while singing a lullaby to calm him down and put him back to sleep.

Suddenly she missed her little brother. Ok... her little stepbrother. Rickey was squirming, panicked something was wrong. His pupils were huge and it is as if he didn't recognize her. He was silently crying. He was banging with his little fist against her chest. "Rickey! It's me! " She said in a panicked voice fearing why he might be acting so strange.

Mernique looked hastily around her wanting to see if Pan and the other's are already coming back. Nope... He stopped and more tears fell down his cheek. His eyes were wide. "Lena?! "He asked surprised. Lena?! Who is Lena?!

"Sister you came back! I knew you would! I knew you weren't dead! I knew brother would never kill you! "He said in a weak excited voice. She bit on her tongue not to gasp. She only held him tighter. What could she say? No, it's Mernique your sister is still dead by your brother's hand.

Then his eyes went wide. "Sister! No! Noooo!!!!! "Rickey screamed bloodcurling loud. She was surprised Pan didn't hear them. His head fell against her arm. His body became still and pale. His breathing slower. "Rickey? "Mernique asked concerned. When the boy didn't reply and his breathing only became slower she painicked and started shaking him violently as if he was just as asleep.

"Rickey! Wake up! "She said her voice shaky and panicked through tears. Mernique is fond of the boy and would hate if he died in her arms.

He jolted awake. His eyes were wide and red from all the crying. "Mer... Mernique? "He asked in a low confused voice. She was very relieved that he isn't dead. He looked around him. "I dreamt... I dreamt of my sister and that... she was here. "He said through a sob before he started crying again.

"I'm so sorry Rickey.... I can't imagine what you might be going through. "Mernique said truthfully. Even though she did. "I thought... why? Why her! She was the kindest , sweetest person in ever met! She didn't deserve it... "He said before he began sobbing. She only held him tighter and rocked him gently back in fourth to calm him down or she is only making him sea sick.

"I... I understand what you are going through. I... I lost both a farther and brother I never knew. I lost a grandfather an a sister both to a very cruel death. "She said tears also streaming down her face. Rickey looked at her like she might hold all the answer's in the world.

"How... How did you get rid of the pain? "He asked in a weak and fragile voice. "Oh, Rickey the pain... It does go away but unfortunately it takes a lot off time. But lucky for us we have forever. "She said smiling trying to cheer him up. A ghostly smile was on forming on his face.

He was silent a moment before he spoke again " You know what is weird? You and Lena look nothing a like. I mean she had blue ocean eyes you have brown eyes. She had long straight beautiful golden hair. You have curly long brown hair. But you have so much in common. You both smile and laughe a lot. You would both do anything for your family's. You both are strong, courageous, kind, funny and happy. Is it strange when I look at you I see my sister? "He said in a small voice.

She smiled at him. "Not at all Rickey. For when I look at you... I see my younger little stepbrother Carlos. Your appearance might be different but both of you have an adventurous and kind soul. Everyday is a new adventure, every story fills you both with love and joy. "She said in a gently voice.

Rickey's eyes sparked and his smile has returned. She was glad she could cheer him up. "Mernique would you mind holding me just a little bit. "He asked his eyes glowing. She smiled gently at him.

"Of course I wouldn't mind. "She spoke in a soft voice. He smiled happily and snuggled comfortable in her arms.

"You know Pan was right. Bringing you here was the best thing that could ever have happend to us. I am very glad you came to Neverland Mernique. "He said smiling while drifting into sleep.

She smiled at him then whispered " Me too. Me too... "