Chapter 24

"I would have allowed the chase to continue, but I... figured you would grow impatient after a while."

I get up slowly and turn around, the veins in my neck stressing and my back muscles tensing as my mouth finishes healing.

There he is, standing before me. His stone-like face appears lifeless and his eyes are as red as a blood moon. He's wearing that stupid white doctor coat, a black shirt, gray formal pants and shiny black dress shoes.

Reuben.

He notices my blood all over me but doesn't express any emotion.

"Where is Addison?" I seethe.

"Addison..." He looks around the room, waving his hand around, "Addison left." He turns to me again.

I also look around at the different machines, utensils, a pedestal with a rectangular box hovering over it, and then my eyes land on the pod you were in. It's open. I search everywhere again more frantically.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I snatch his shirt in my hands, pulling him closer, "What did you do to her, you son of a BITCH!"

"Hmh, wouldn't you like to know..." He says in a purr, then flashes his eyes with a wide demonic type of smile, jumping inside my head.

"I felt everything. All of her experiences... all of her thoughts, all of her memories... the physical and emotional sensations she had, and those you planted in her brain." he says as I see everything happening before my eyes.

"I didn't... I didn't listen... when she begged me to stay." I don't realize I'm murmuring this as my eyebrows rise and my face grows paler. I'm seeing all sorts of things he did to you; all the operations. The parts he took from your body and replaced with others... they were some kind of organic materials. He needed your body parts but he needed you to stay alive in case he required more from you.

"No, you did not. That's alright though, Mr. Gabriel, because you would not be here right now to destroy me, now would you? That is what you came here for."

"You never intended to kill her. She would be of no use that way to any of us."

"Yes."

My hands clench up into shaking fists. "You used almost every part of her just to make a fucking clone! Those visions weren't lies. What Jack showed me was true. You couldn't keep it ALL from me. You tried, but you failed."

The images flying through my head make me dizzy and put me to my knees with a breathy grunt.

"Ohh... Now, now..." he kneels in front of me, "don't you want to see more?"

I look up through my lashes at him with a murderous glare, "I've had enough of your shit."

His mouth opens and gradually widens into another smile, eyes big, calculative, and unblinking. "Haven't you?"

I keep staring at him until I see the woman from the hallway fearfully walking up behind him. She has no idea what is happening. She really is clueless.

I look into his eyes again, "You knew your time was running out. That's why I was able to get here, but in knowing this, you quickly threw Addison out of my reach. You're such a coward. Taking Addison away was a big MISTAKE!" I instantly become mist and bolt at the woman, swirl around her and reform my physical body as I grab the back of her neck with my claws digging in, drawing out a pained gasp from her.

He quickly stands up. "Do that and you will regret it."

My grip on her tightens while I bare my venom dripping fangs, then I lunge and tear into her neck. She lets out a glass-shattering scream and tries to escape my firm hold on her. She's almost strong enough to break free.