Life

(Savannah's POV)

       I drive the car that was provided for me, a black convertible. It's got sirens in the back and special government license plates. I turn my key in the ignition. Julian's probably at the place I know best. I was at Elliot's DC Apartment, not the one he was at prior to the op. He was at Julian's parents hotel, but Julian wasn't in DC the day before we left. It's their ties to DC. My tie? My cousin owns a coffee shop franchise. She's from LA, but when it took off she opened one in DC and one in Chicago. I was always allowed to stay at the apartments above her shops. I walk to the stairs, but a bodyguard stands in front of it. "Can I get through?" I ask. The bodyguard shakes his head, no. "Why?" I ask. The bodyguard doesn't say anything. I walk up the barista, "What the hell is going on?" She shrugs, "I was just told that there was an government agent staying there." I roll my eyes. I reach in my pocket, I'm wearing a CIA uniform, but apparently that doesn't matter. I reach into the jacket pocket, there's a wallet or something. I open it, it's a badge.

Savannah Sorrentino - Agent #24579G
Clearance - XXII
December 3, 2000
Female - Unmarried
Cases - 12783 , T21 , 5567

     I'm not sure what the numbers mean or the clearance level, but I'm hoping they'll help me.  I walk up the guard and show my badge, "Let me in." The guard is unimpressed, "I doubt you have the clearance to be in here." I roll my eyes, my clearance is 22." The guard's facial expression changes for a moment, "Twenty-Two? Jesus girl. I didn't know they went that high. But, you'll need a case number." He grabs my badge. "Oh. You have it. 5567, that's the one. Sorry about that miss." He says. I pass by the guard and walk right into the room. "Savannah? How'd you find me?" I smirk, it was pretty easy. Look, I found your parents, they are in LA for the week. Come with me." He doesn't follow, "I'm not supposed to leave." I turn back around, "Why not?" He bites his lip, "I'm not trustworthy." Oh. "I'll find your parents and take them here." I walk out of the room, without Julian.

     I drive myself to the hotel. There's a woman standing at the desk, "No vacancy." I smile, "Actually, I'm look for the owners." The clerk smiles and walks to the back. An older woman and man walk out. "I've found Julian. Your son, right?" The smile wide, "Really?" They say together. I nod, "C'mon. Let's not waste any time". They follow me still in disbelief, asking a million questions. When we finally get to the coffee shop I flash my badge to guard. He just moves to the side. I lead the couple up the winding stairs. "Julian!" I say. He walks out from the apartment's bathroom. "Mom? Dad?" He says. They run up to him and hug him. After a minute I peek my head in, "Hey, I'm heading out. Call me if you need something."

    I jog down the steps and drive away. I had planned to go home and lie down, but Elliot texted me. They were done and ready for the movie. I meet them at the theatre. Elliot welcomes me with a hug and we go into the theatre. I honestly wasn't sure if he would want me to be apart of his life after we made it back, but he does. Or at least he's acting like he is. "What movie are we seeing?" I ask. The little girl smiles, "The New Superman movie!" "You like super heroes?" Elliot glares at me, but the girl squeals, "I love super heroes!" "Me too," I whisper. She giggles, "Who's your favorite?" I consider it, "Wonder Woman. Who's yours?" She answers immediately, "The Flash." I smile, "Awesome!"

    As we walk towards the ticket counter, Elliot whispers to me, "I thought you were going to tell her superheroes were for boys." I look over at him, "Me? Say that? Please, you do realize that I trained for MI-6. At the age of 14. I went through a lot of shit to get here. Being a woman and young ain't easy in this field. Girls for boy stuff and boys for girl stuff is what I'm about." He smiles, "Good."

    We sit down in the movie theatre, Elliot sits in the middle, me on his right and Ava to his left. A little girl waves to Ava. I can hear her say, "Sissy! Look it's Ava!" The girl sits in front of us, "Where's Ms. Lya?" Ava smiles, "Elliot came back!" The other girl's family look worried. The sister turns around to me, "He left you?" I shake my head, "No, I'm his girlfriend. Um, Ms. Lya is his neighbor." The woman scowls, "Where'd you disappear off to? How old are you? Not married? You can't be older than 25. Did you get pregnant at like 14?" I'm not happy. "Look lady. You don't the half of it. You shouldn't be judging his parenting decisions. FYI, Elliot and I are federal agents and were called to duty. And, Ava isn't ours. Elliot was responsible for her when her parents couldn't take care of her. Don't judge, unless you know that full story." The woman is still scowling, "How old are you?" I glare at her, "Sixteen." She scoffs, "And how old is he? He's too old for you." Elliot crosses his arms, "I'm 18, you just need to shut up." The woman laughs, "You two can get in a hell of a lot of trouble. Only 19? And dating a 16 year old girl? She's still a child. You aren't both federal agents. What does she do? Clean bathrooms? You can't really be an agent until you are older." I pull the badge from my belt and show it to her. "Oh. I doubt your any good. Do the numbers mean "She sucks," "Don't trust her." and "Slut?" I doubt it's even real." I roll my eyes, "Okay. How old are you?" The girl laughs, "I'm 16, but I am making way better decisions than you." Elliot grumbles, "Look. You aren't a parent, you aren't raising a kid, and you are only sixteen. I think it's time for you to be quiet now." The girl turns to him, "Your girlfriend is only sixteen." His scowl worsens, "She has a high school degree, three years of agent training, and is a better role model than you'll ever be." The girl pulls her hand up, towards my face. I grab her wrist, "Don't even try." She just turns around and watches the ads. Elliot high fives me. Ava leans to me, "Woah your like a superhero." I laugh. The movie was pretty good.

     We walk over to the diner across the parking lot. I order a chocolate milkshake, both Ava and Elliot have strawberry. "Elliot, I think you got some on your shirt." He touches the spot, "It's not milkshake." It's red. "What is it?" We both look at each other confused, "It's blood." He says. "From your bullet wound?" I ask. He nods, "I need a new bandage." I nod, "I can fix it when we go back." I look at it closer, "Wait...does this hurt." He winces, "Yes! Ow, I got shot. Don't you think it would hurt?" I nod, "Well, duh, but..." I'm cut off by someone behind us, "YOU GOT SHOT?" I spin around, there's a heavy set guy eating a burger, staring. Elliot blushes, "Um, yeah. I'm a government agent..it's kind of my job." The man gasps, "Are you okay?" Elliot nods.

     Elliot drives himself and Ava home, I take my car. When we get back, I change his bandages. "I figured they would have healed you." I say. He nods, "Me too." After an hour or so, I drive to the coffee shop. I drag Julian down the stairs, he's confused. The guard tries to stop me but he just comes along after minimal effort. I take Julian to his parent's hotel, the drive myself to the coffee shop. The barista signals for me. "Thank you. Guard dude was creeping me out." She says. I laugh and walk up stairs. The apartment was designed for me, pantry filled with my favorite food, closet filled with outfits in my size. There's a note,

Wear the uniforms on the first day of work, then you can wear your work out clothes. To places, always have your badge. Wear whatever, just don't forget the badge.
-Captain

     I go to bed, ready for "work." There's directions to building on my desk. In the morning I drive there.

      Elliot steps out of his car a few seconds after I do. "Where the hell are we?" He asks. I shrug, "Let's find out." The two of us follow instructions and walk into the office. A muscular man enters, "Morning. Your new job is to teach all the new recruits. Here's your lesson plans. Good luck, the students will
be in your room in an hour." He walls out. I grab the book he threw at me. The top says:

Room 17
Partner: Elliot Foster
Students: 25 - Ages: 17-24

"Oh great. All of the students are older than me." I say. Elliot laughs, "Most of them are older than me too." We walk out of the office and down the hall that says "Rooms 15-20" and find room 17. It's like a gym, workout machines, spring floor for tumbling, matted rooms for sparring, and lots of open space. I sit down on the spring floor and read the "Day One" Lesson Plan. It's simple. Elliot walks in, "So, this is our life. We're teachers." I stand up, guess so. Let's go meet these recruits.

Awh! It's over :(
I'll write a sequel called "Teachers."
Love Y'all!
-Grace