Interesting Farm People

(Savannah's POV)
   The world is spinning, but I don't care at this point. I'm sobbing into Elliot's chest. He smells like blood, sweat, and mud. I think we all do. Julian sits in front of me, wiping my tears every time I look up. I broke my promise to myself, I cried. But, I don't give a damn.

    I sit up, in the woods once again. I look around, no Belle. Julian looks at me, "I'm sorry." No! No, no! This isn't real! I can't hold it in, I've tried. He pulls me into a hug and I cry and cry and cry some more.

     "Elliot? Would you get us something to eat and drink?" Julian asks. "You can go, I'll let you have a break," Elliot says. "Oh, for god's sake can the two of you quit fighting with each other? One of you go!" I say. "I'll go, you have you precious time or whatever," Julian says. I sit down and Elliot sits down next to me. "I don't know what to do," I say. He turns to me, "I don't know either." His eyes water, which make mine. He's holding back. "Go ahead. I don't mind," I say. Elliot shakes his head, "Men don't cry, more importantly soldiers don't cry." I hold his face, "They do if they're stuck in god knows where, with people who they've never met, and the one person they ended up getting close with died." A tear runs down his face, "Life sucks." I nod, "Especially ours." He chuckles and we both hold each other balling.

"Anne? Is that you?" A voice says. A man walks into the woods, "Who are you?" He asks. I wipe my eyes, "We're really lost. Our friend set off to find out where we are. We are waiting for him to get back." The smiles, "I can help you! Wait is your friend dark-haired with a funny accent?" I nod, "Yes?" The farmer smiles wider, "He's at my house." We stand up and follow the farmer. He asked a few too many questions. I suppose I would too, if two dirt covered, oddly dressed, sobbing people were sitting on my property.

     We walk up to a large house, it was quite obviously an old plantation. The house is pretty on the inside, large and fancy. From the entry way, I can see Julian sitting a table. The man leads us to the kitchen. Julian stands up, "Hey, sorry I was just about to leave." I nod, "Yeah." A woman serves us a plate of food each. She sits down across from us, "What happened to you?" My eyes water, but I hold back the tears. "We were unwilling thrown into the woods, we got very lost, a police officer thought we were criminals and shot our friend Belle. I got shot too, but uh, I didn't...die," Elliot says. I look down, Belle is dead, she's never coming back, she'll never be there to hug, to smile, make me laugh, to complain ever again. She's really gone...and it's my fault. I could have saved her, I should have saved her. I don't want to cry in front of these people, it's really hard, but I don't. I hold Julian's hand under the table.

They feed us and offer to wash our clothes. We agree, I really like these farm people. They lead us up to a room and tell us to undress and hand our clothes. The woman puts me in a closet and the boys change in the bedroom. I throw my clothes out, they stuck them through the door. "So, how's the closet?" Julian asks me. "It's great. Are you two still wearing boxers or did you take those off too?" I ask. "Uh, I left mine on," Julian says. "Ditto," Elliot adds. "Great, well I'm still wearing my undergarments, so are you two fine if I come out of the closet?" I ask. "As long as your still straight, I could care less." Julian says. I step out of the closet, "Yeah, still straight, thank you very much. I need to get out, it smelled like mold in there." Elliot laughs. I sit on the floor next to him, "Where's Julian? I can hear him..." Elliot laughs, "He hid himself from me because he doesn't want to see another man naked." I laugh, "You can come here... I don't get your problem. If your not gay, then your not gay." He slides out from under the bed, "Fine. I'll just stare at you."

    I look at the two guys, they are both staring at me, but I'm staring at them too. Julian sits up against the bed frame. His olive skin matching the creme bedding. His green eyes complement the natural green tint of his skin tone. He's skinny, obviously in shape, not like Elliot who looks like a body builder. Elliot's chest is that of a models. His large six-pack and giant biceps aren't hidden even slouched over, like he is now. His bullet wound is a sight to see, still red and in the process of healing. His DNA must contain Native American, as his skin is the ideal tan color. There's not a single tan line either, it's all natural. He has dark frizzy hair, that would look much better after a shower and being styled. Julian's blonde hair is greasy and undesirable, but at this point all of our hair is scary. My eyes make their way down towards their boxers, I saw the guys looking at my almost nonexistent boobs, so I don't feel bad judging their bulges. I rather not go too in depth, but let's just say their is no comparison. As my eyes go further, I see a large scar on Elliot's leg. "How'd you get that?" I blurt. He touches the scar, "I got it on an op. We were in the woods when someone stuck up behind me. I knocked him off his feet, but he sliced my leg in the process." I look at him and turn my leg, "I've got one too." He looks at me, "How'd you get it?" I laugh, "You know, I've fought a thousand criminals, but not one battle has left a scar..." I start. Julian interrupts, "Except for that one?" I shake my head, "No. The scar is from shaving." Elliot laughs, "Your joking right?" I shake my head, "No! That's why I wax! I was thirteen and was shaving my legs with my mom and I was talking. I didn't even feel it! My mom looked down was like, "Oh my lordy!" I smile, "And I was COVERED in blood. Like worse than any bullet wound I've ever had! It was awful!" We all share a laugh for the first time today. "That is quite possibly the lamest way to get a scar," Julian says. I smack his arm, "Trust me I know."

"So, anyway... What are we doing here?" I ask. Julian pulls the paper from his boxers. "I'm not even going to ask how many times I've touched that since it's been in your boxers," I say. "Okay, we are in 1933. It's December 5th. We get to prevent the repealing of the 18th Amendment, aka the 21st Amendment." I glance around, "What did that do?" Elliot frowns, "The 18th Amendment prevented the sale of alcohol. We are stopping drinking." "Ugh. Can't a girl just have a margarita when she wants one?" I say. Julian laughs, "Good thing I don't drink." Elliot nods, "You haven't had a rough enough life if you don't drink. I mean, I doubt there is a single CIA..." "Or MI-6," I add. "That doesn't have a beer now and again," He finishes. "Wait, I thought you were sixteen?" Julian says to me. "I am, in the U.K. I can drink alcohol with an adult present and a meal." I say, "Plus, when you are undercover as a 22 year old, you might have to drink something to prove it. It's not illegal if the government sponsors it. It's literally my job to enforce the law, even if it means breaking it." Julian shrugs, "I guess you're right. There's no other sixteen year old like you." Elliot laughs, "Yeah, when me and my friends were sixteen in high school, we played video games and studied to keep our place on the football team. Not even thinking about catching criminals and manipulating spies." I smile. "Wait how long have you been working for the U.K.?" Julian asks. "Since I was 14. I started training at 13," I answer. Elliot's jaw drops, "Holy Christmas!" I laugh. "So that's why you have quads bigger than my head!" Julian says. I smirk.

  The three of us come up with a plan. We'll steal the document and then they won't be able to sign it. "Yes, it'll be a cake walk, as you Americans say," I mock. Julian laughs, "The only people who say that are middle aged women." Really? Hmph...that's interesting.

We hear a knock on the door. I jump back into the closet as the men answer it. Elliot opens my closet door and hands my my clothes. I'm surprised to find a pink dress, rather than the blue one I was wearing. I peak my head out, "Do you guys have the same outfits?" Julian nods, "Yeah, is your different?" I step out, "It's pink, not blue and a different style!" Elliot rises, "Oh! I thought it was blue, but I was confused."

We walk back into the kitchen, and the woman smiles. "I gave you a different dress. Yours was caked in dirt and blood, maybe? It was red. It wasn't coming out. That's mine, I just tailored it to fit you," she explains "Oh! Thank you so much!" She smiles, "You can keep it. I'm keeping your fabric. I'll dye it and make it into a new dress." I smile, "Sound great! Thank you for your hospitality!" She nods and hands a basket to Julian, "Take this for your way back. You are all too skinny!"

We leave the farmhouse. "And this is why I love country people," I say. We walk towards the city. "Let's do this," Julian says.

Thanks for reading!
I hope you liked it!!
<3 Grace