Removal of Bullets and Indians

(Savannah's POV)

The last hour was complete and utter chaos. Some how, me and Elliot are sitting in the cellar of god-knows-what. Belle and Julian ran to the woods. I hope they're okay.

Elliot lies on the table, bleeding. "Do you know how to fix a bullet wound?" he asks between groans of pain. "Obviously, I just need alcohol," I say, digging through the shelves. "Ah, ha. Whiskey." He groans again. "Take off your shirt," I say. He moves his arm and winces. "Ok never mind," I say, then proceed to push it up. He was shot in his left side, near a kidney. I push the shirt up to his mouth, "Bite it." He looks at me confused, "What?" "Bite the shirt. Then, if you scream it's not as loud," I tell him. He does, just that. I clean his wound and he does an awful lot of groaning & screaming. "I've just got to go for it," I say, before stuffing my fingers in his wound. He screams, a lot. I pull out the bullet and finish it.

He lies on the table, still screaming. I rinse off my hand and hold his. He squeezes it, tightly. After a minute it spits out his shirt, "Oh good god, that hurt" I give him a weak smile, "Sorry." He gives my hand a squeeze before attempting to sit up. "Ah!" He yelps. I help him, and let him put most of his weight on me. I took us 20 minutes to get out of the cellar. Once we made it up the ladder, things were much smoother. The two of us managed to hide behind buildings and avoid people. We walked in the woods, running in the direction I saw Julian & Belle run. We didn't move very fast. I had a feeling, we'd move years before we found Belle and Julian.

We figured we'd transport tomorrow when the ship was supposed to leave. As long as it didn't leave. Belle and I each had a blanket in our dresses, they were so poofy that it was easy to hide stuff in there. So, at least we each had one. It is staring to get dark and Elliot is in pain, so I suggest that we go to bed.

"God donuts, ow." he says after lying down on the ground. I giggle and lie down next to him. "God donuts?" I say. He smiles, "Yeah. I miss her." Awww. "I'm sorry. I hope she's okay. When she doesn't show up for school, they'll send someone after her," I say. "I know. I hope she's okay," he says. I squeeze his hand, "Your an agent, so don't you normally disappear?" He shakes his head, "Yes, but my neighbor takes care of her when I'm away. Maybe she'll walk over there. I hope so."

I lie on my back. It's really cold out here. Brrr... I bunch up, but I'm still shivering. After ten minutes of attempting to warm up, I feel a cold drop on my arm. Is it raining? I can't see anything, because it's dark. I feel the occasional drop on me. "Are you asleep?" I whisper. "No." he replies. "Is its raining?" I ask him. "It's snowing," he says. "Great. I was already cold," I say.

He pulls me closer. "For warmth," he clarifies. "Right," I say. I wrap my arms around him and I guess I fell asleep. The next morning, I wake up as somebody kicks me. I open my eyes, it's not Elliot, he's still asleep beside me and he can't walk. I open my eyes, "Julian?" I sit up and gently shake Elliot. He opens his eyes, "Morning. Wait...Belle?" Julian smirks at us, "Welcome to 1830." I sigh, "we're safe."

Julian nods, "How are you doing, Elliot?" "I can't move on my own, but actually there's minimal pain," he says. "I need to change your bandage," I say. He nods, but I don't have anymore gauze. I slip off the top two layers of my dress. "What?" Julian says. I put my top skirt back on. I take the white skirt that was used to poof my skirt more and attempt to rip it. I manage to rip it enough to use it. I unwrap the bandages from last night. He winces, "Owww." Oops. I replace the bandages. "You don't have aids or anything, right?" I ask Elliot. "What does hat have to do with anything?" Julian says, butting in to our conversation. "Blood. I'm covered in his blood," I say. "Oh," Julian and Belle say in unison. "Nope, I'm clear," Elliot says. "I figured," I say.

    "So, what are we doing in 1830 anyway?" Belle asks. "We are going to prevent the Indian Removal for being passed," Julian says. "So, how do we prevent it?" Belle says, asking a very good question. "We could light it on fire," Elliot suggests. I laugh, "With 1800's buildings? Do you want to set the whole town on fire?" He shrugs, "Well, no." What do we do? "We could protest...no! We should just convince people to vote against it!" I say. Belle smiles, "Yes, please! It's non-aggressive and it's simple." Julian gives me a high-five, "Works for me." Elliot smiles, "Good idea."

    "How do we take Elliot with us?" Belle asks. I turn to him, "Can you walk?" He takes a deep breath, "I can try." He sits up a little, "Ow, I think I can. I just need to physically stand up. Savannah, would you mind helping me?" I grab his hands and lift him to his feet. He puts an arm around my shoulder, "I'm good." We walk painstakingly slow, but we managed to get into town. "Don't look injured. They'll probably put poison in your wound," Julian says. "I can't walk. What you want me to do?" Elliot says. "Just pretend your Savannah's husband and your totally in love. Just don't make a gross facial expression," Julian says. Elliot nods, "I'm all smiles."

     A man approaches us, "I've never seen your faces 'round here. I know everyone's face 'round here." I smile, "We're traveling through." He smirks, "Wow. A nice outspoken lady, you've got your hands full, mister," he says to Elliot. Elliot smiles, "She's not too bad." The man chuckles, "Well, I'll see you around!" and proceeds to leave. I sigh, "Thank god. Let's go and get the hell out of here." We walk towards what appears to be the town hall.

    Julian knocks on the door and a man opens it. "Good morning! How may I help you?" he asks. "Where is the voting taking place?" Elliot asks. He smiles, "Here. Why?" I smile, but I can't talk. I'm a woman after all. "We would like to speak with a few of the folks voting," Julian says. The man opens the door wide, "Come on in! We love to hear the citizens' voices!"

     "Well, that was easier than I thought it would be," I say. Elliot nods. We walk into the voting room. A couple people linger in the room, the rest must be out. "I'll take Elliot, if you two want to approach the men," Belle says. I pass him to Belle. "Here's my plan.." I tell to Julian.

      Julian and I walk up to the councilman, "Hello," he says. Julian shakes his hand, "Hello, sir. Me and my sister would like to discuss the Indian Removal Act you are voting on today." The councilman smile, "Of course." I smile at him, "You should pass the bill!" Julian turns to me, as planned, "Savannah! Sorry about that, don't listen to her. You shouldn't pass the bill. Obviously, you can't listen to women. They're weak and know nothing about what it take to remove them." The councilman considers this, "Well, that's a different aspect. I'll have to consider it. Thank you." We follow the same procedure for each of the councilmen.

    "All we can do is pray that it works," I say. Belle smiles, "Um, I have no muscles, can one of you take Elliot?" oops. "I got it," I say. "Sorry,"
Elliot says. "It's okay," Belle says, brushing off. The four of us walk out of the town hall. "So, now we wait," Elliot says.

      We sit down on the bench in the center of town square. And wait. A lot.

Thanks for reading!!!!
I hope you liked it!!
Kisses, Grace <3