Evil Guards and Wrongful Prisoners

(Elliot's POV)

       Julian come back after me and Savannah's moment. I think it was moment... "It's 9:53," he says. Belle nods, "Should we pack up and go to the town center?" Savannah cracks her knuckles, "We should make a plan, first." I nod, "So do we hold them at gun point, do we convince them to put up a fight, or do we kill everyone holding them captive?"

     Belle looks at me, "Let's not kill anyone. Spare me the PTSD," she says. "Yeah, you two might already have it, but me and Belle are clear, so let's keep it that way," Julian says. "Okay. No killing, unless it's the last resort. So, do we hold them at gun point or convince the slaves to put up a fight?" Savannah says. "The slaves are going to put up a fight. They'll just need a little convincing. I say, two of us convince them, and the other two distract the cell guards," Julian says. "Wonderful. Here's my idea. Elliot and Belle, you should convince the slaves. Julian and I can distract the guards," Savannah says.

     "That's fine, why'd you pick it like this though?" Belle asks. Yeah, why? "Well,  I have to talk to the guards because of my accent. Then, we need someone with a gun on the slave front. Since me and Belle are female, then we need to be escorted by our fathers, brothers, or husbands. So, therefore, those are your assignments," she says. Elliot shrugs, "Woah. Okay, that's why we need to let women in the military, and everywhere else. Holy crap." Savannah laughs, "Whatever. Let's just go."

   We walk up to the brick building. "Good morning, sir. I was hoping you'd be able to help us. One of our slaves has run away," Savannah says. "Oh, I can certainly help with that. Would you show me where it disappeared?" He asks. I see Savannah and Julian walk into the woods with the guard.

     "Well, he was an idiot." I say to Belle as we enter the room of cells. People watch as we strut down the walkway. I spot a cage full of black men and women. "Are you all getting hanged today?" I ask them. A man emerges from the mob, "Yes, who are you and how is it any of your business?" I glance around, "Look there's twenty-five of you. If you all protest and put up a fight, you might get away with it," I say in a hushed whisper. "Yeah, I thought about that, but they have guns," the slave says. I adjust my coat so he can see the gun in its inner pocket. "I've got one and so does my partner, who's distracting the guard. We're going to help you. You just have help us," I whisper. He raises an eyebrow, "Deal. What's in it for you though? How do I know you'll help us? How do I know you don't just want to see some n*****s get shot?" I walk closer to the cell, "There are a lot of things that I can't tell you, but I promise you that I will help you. Even if I told you why, you wouldn't believe me. You know what, I will tell you. You'll think I'm a lunatic, but I'm from the year 2017. And let me tell you, things get better. Slavery is abolished and black and white people are friends. We even had a black president of the United States, Barrack Obama the 44th President. So, yeah, things get better, I swear." He laughs, but I stay serious. "I'm not kidding. I'm helping you because in order to get back to 2017 I have to, I'm a good person." He gives me a smirk, "Sure. We'll see if you really help me, cracker." I grin and walk out of the building.

     Savannah and Julian are taking to the officer in the woods. I walk towards them, "Hey, did you find him?" Savannah shakes her head, "Not a trace. Sir, this is my brother, John. He's helping us look." The officer nods, "I'll let you know if I spot him." He walks away.

   I look at Savannah and Julian, "They agreed."
Savannah breathes out a sigh of relief. "I mean, Elliot told them about time travel, Barrack Obama, and the civil war, but oh well." Savannah drops her jaw, "Well, they probably didn't believe you, so oh well," she says and laughs.

     "You guys ready?" I ask. Savannah nods and places her gun in her bra. I slip mine into the pocket on my coat. Belle takes a deep breath, "As ready as I'll ever be." I close my eyes, "I wish I had a gun, but I trust you two. I kind of have to." Savannah takes a step forward, "Let's go."

      We approach the town square, people are sitting in the stands. Children watch with excitement, it's disgusting. After a few moments, the guard leads out 26 slaves. They stand handcuffed against the wall. The man I talked to makes eye contact with me. I nod and he whispers something to another slave. They all begin to shout, "WE ARE PEOPLE TOO!" The guards walk towards the first man and attempt to pull him off the wall. The man kicks the guard in the balls. He falls down in pain.

    Another guard pulls out a gun, "Your going to die today, one way or another." The slave laughs. The guard begins to pull him off the wall. "We have to do something, it's not working," I say. Savannah nods, "We've got this. Follow my lead." She runs toward the slaves. "You can't be up here ma'am," the guard says. She pulls out her gun and the crowd gasps. "Bite me," she says. I pull out mine and aim it at the other guards. The people watching scream at us. We don't care. The guards pull out their very old guns. Savannah shoots at the guard next to her. He fires, but misses as her bullet lodges in his side. His guns drops the ground with him. She grabs the gun and throws it to Julian, who's not very far behind. She spins around as a bullet whizzes towards her. She ducks and fires with perfect aim at the guard. The bullet hits him perfectly between the eyes, I've never seen a better shot. But, I wasn't admiring her shot, I was busy with the guard to my side. He had his gun directly to my head, I had my gun on his neck. It was an impossible situation, out of no where, he falls to the ground. The gunshot echoed in the air. Savannah was arm wrestling with some one who was watching, so it wasn't her. I see Julian hold the 1700's gun with a giddy smile on his face. I rush over and assist Savannah with the man. Something that she didn't have was the element of surprise, I did. I punched the back of his head. He dropped down. Savannah stands up and rushes towards Belle and Julian. "Did you kill him?" she says running along with me. "I think so," I say. She laughs. "We gotta go, now." Julian says. "Duh."
Savannah says, still not out of breath, oddly. We all take off towards the woods. Belle is falling behind, so I scoop her up and carry her to the woods. We run and run, until the world begins to spin.

I hope you enjoyed this!
Next chapter coming soon!!!
Kisses, Grace