Very, Very Bad Memory Loss

(Julian's POV)

I wake up with a coughing fit, which is probably caused by the dirt in my mouth. Belle is asleep a few inches from my head. Savannah and Elliot are taking a few inches from me. "Aw, look who finally decided to get up," Savannah says mockingly. I smirk, "Oh, shut up." She laughs, "It's 1865." Eighteen Thirty to Eighteen Sixty Five? Now that's a jump. Belle wakes up and screams. She snaps out of it and passes out again. Savannah runs over to her and tries to shake her awake again. "It's like she still in teleportation mode," she says. We all know that between years we can't wake each other up, it's impossible. I walk over to her, "Maybe she's dreaming?" Elliot turns to us, "Maybe, but do you guys dream?" Both Savannah and I shake our heads. "I don't either." Elliot says.

     We all sit and watch her. She sits up abruptly, "Where am I?" Savannah grabs her hand, "It's 1865." She shakes her head and pulls her hand back, "Who are you?" Savannah leans forward, "Belle, it's Savannah." Belle scoots back, "Savannah? I don't know a Savannah. How do you know my name?" She doesn't remember anything. "Belle. What's the last thing you remember?" Savannah asks. Belle is obviously thinking. "I don't remember anything, wait I have no memories," she says, confused. "Do you know your name?" Elliot says, "It's Belle, duh." He nods, "What year is it?" She thinks, "Um, I..I don't know. 2000 something." Savannah glances around nervously, "Does your head hurt?" Belle shakes her head, "No. I'm fine. Other than the memory loss part." Savannah swallows, "Something is wrong here, very wrong." Elliot nods, "I'm going to find the booklet." I grab one of the water bottles that appeared after each jump, "Drink this." She does.

      We start to explain things to Belle. She isn't getting it. The booklet disappeared, only the page of dates is left. "Look we have to prevent Lincoln's assassination tonight. We can't spend all day looking for the booklet or explaining things to Belle. Two of us should go to save Lincoln the other one should stay and take care of Belle," Savannah says. "I should stay, I'm not on my A game, I haven't recovered from my bullet wound," Elliot says. Yes! Me and Savannah tonight!!!! Wooooo!!!! Belle gasps, "You got shot? Oh my god are you okay????" Elliot laughs, "I'm fine Belle." Elliot swaps guns with me, I still have the old one from 1800.

     "So, its settled. C'mon Julian let's go," Savannah says, linking arms with me. I smile wide, "Let's go." Savannah and I walk towards the town, I recognized it. It was modern day Washington, DC. It's midday so, we sat down to come up with a plan. "How shall we go about this?" I ask. She thinks, "I really don't know. We can't kill the assassin, he's in the play. We can't convince Lincoln not to go, because we'll never be able to get to him." I stand up and pace. She jumps up, "We should just push him out of the way!" Sure. "Well, I can't think of anything better, so why not?" We have a few hours to spare, so we decide to go into the theatre. The doors were open, so we walked in. The theatre was empty.

     "Uh, we have a little problem," Savannah says. I look up, the president is sitting above everyone else. "Oh. Yeah, what are we going to do?" I ask. "We don't have to push the president, we just have to push the assassin," she says with a grin. "He does the assassin get up there?" she asks. Sometimes I forget she's not an American. "He jumps up onto that platform and shoots him," I tell her. She nods and hops up onto the stage. "Well, I say that one of us hides up here and when he pulls the gun they push him off," she says. Perfect. "I'll let you do it. One, I'm not that coordinated, and two you can't attend a play without a man," I say. She smiles, "Works for me. Bring your gun, just in case something goes wrong. And be prepared to shoot. I'm going to find out how to hide up here," she says.

     She opens the curtain, "I'll just have to hide behind this wall." I walk onto stage, "There's nothing for you stand on." She points to a wooden board, "Hand me that." I throw it up to her. She wedges it into the platform's side. She takes a cautious step onto it, it holds. She puts all of her weight on it, and it doesn't budge. Phew. "Can you throw me that blanket?" she asks. I toss it up to her and she lies on the board before covering herself up with the board. It looks like there's just a bundled blanket up there. "Can you see me?" she says. "I can see the blanket, but I can't tell it's a person," I respond. "Awesome. Well, I'm not moving. But, you might want to get out of here before the actors come," she says. "Yeah, see you later. But, first let's make a code word if something goes wrong," I say. "Okay, how about iPhone?" she says. "Yes! That's perfect, I'll linger outside if you need me!" I say. "Wait, would you do something when the play ends so I know?" Savannah asks "Yeah. I'll sneeze weirdly. Like this..." I say. I fake a sneeze that starts with a really loud and deep begin, but ends with a high pitched squeak towards the end. "Okay. I'm good. See you soon," she says. I exit the theatre, this better work.

      After a few hours, people begin to start coming in. I'm really nervous, I mean I'm about to temper with an assassination. If this fails, it isn't going to end well for me and Savannah. I sat in the isle seat for easy access. A family sat down next to me, an older man, an older woman, and two younger girls. The older man placed his daughter next to me, "Sir, are you looking for a woman to court?" Okay, this officially got weird. "Yes," I say. He smiles, "This is my daughter, she is seventeen and needs to be married. Is she of proper age?" "Yes, I'm eighteen," I say. Why did I say was eligible?? "Wonderful!" he says.

   The girl talks to me before the play, but I'm not paying any attention. Number one, I'm freakin' terrified, I'm about the tamper with an assassin. Number two, she'll be dead before I'm born. Number three, her breath smells like rotten, I don't know what. It just really stinks. I suppose hygiene wasn't a very big deal in 1860 whatever. I just want this whole ordeal to be over.

Thanks for reading!
Hope you enjoyed it!
--Grace <3