Everyone Must Jump

(Savannah's POV)

Elliot and I walk into the room. I look around, there is a full size bed, a window and a bathroom. I grab Elliot's arm and pull him to the bed. I slip my hands under his shirt, "What are you doing?" he asks. What do you think I'm doing? "Uh, I figured, we'd have sex?" I say. He sits up, "We can't do that." I sit up, "Why not? I found a condom in the book. Yours probably has one too." He shakes his head, "It does, that's not my point. Your sixteen, I'm nineteen. We can't do this until you're eighteen." I roll my eyes, "It's 1932 and we have fake ids that's say I'm 19. Who cares?" He grabs my hands, "I do. There's a law for a reason." I squeeze his hands, "Please! You said yourself that I'm not like any other sixteen year old." He nods, "I know, you most certainly aren't a child, but I still can't." I smile, "Wait! There's a law, that if your so much apart, it's doesn't matter my age. It's 2.5 years, when's your birthday?" He touches my waist, "Savannah we can't." I widen my eyes, "Mine is December 3, 2000." He bites his lip, "Mine is September 14, 1998." We qualify, I grab his wrist and pull him towards me. He leans in and kisses me.

   I take off the stupid suit jacket, and he wrangles my dress. "How do you get this thing off?" He says. "I don't know." I say. He laughs and pushes it off some more. I help him pull but it isn't coming off. I relax, "You figure a CIA agent and a MI-6 agent would be able to take off a dress, right?" He laughs, "You think so." I stand up, "Is there a zipper in the back?"
"Nope." He says. "What on earth?" I say, pulling. There's a knock on the door. Knock knock-knock knock knock. "Who is that?" I say, as my dress falls back to the floor.

I smooth it out while Elliot answers the door. "Julian?" He says. I fix the bed and throw the condom under it. Glancing back to the room, I walk to the door. "Yes?" I say. Julian has a smirk on his face, "I've got a plan." I look at Elliot, but he's just as confused as I am. "A plan for what?" Elliot says. Julian cackles, "To get the hell out of here." Elliot glares at him, "We finally get a break and you want leave?" Julian shakes his head, "Not to move on. To leave for good." I frown, "Really? What's your genius idea?" It came out a little more sarcastic than I had planned, but Julian's smile grew. He hands me a piece of paper and grabs my shoulder to whisper his plan to me. It'll work. Or so we hope. I grin, "Tell Elliot, it might work." He whispers the same message in his ear. Elliot is as awestruck as I am. Julian is a genius.

I look between them, "Tomorrow morning?" They nod. "A plan it is." I say. Julian walks back to his room and I raise my eyebrows. Elliot laughs, but shakes his head. "I need to shower." He says. "Me too, but I still need your help to take this stupid dress off." I say. "Oh yeah," he says, laughing. After wiggling it, pulling it and fiddling with it for a few minutes, Elliot bursts out with laughter. "What?" I say. He pull the string on the front of dress and it falls to the floor. "Ohhh... We're idiots." I say. He laughs, let's shower.

I pull him into the bathroom and shut the door. I run the shower while he undresses. I step into the shower, he follows me. We just look. I can't help but giggle. "What?" He says. "This is so awkward." I say. He laughs, "Very. I was afraid you were laughing at something else." I smirk at him, "I mean that's kinda of funny too, but not this time." He laughs, "Hey!" I grab the shampoo, "Don't worry, I've got small boobs, so I guess we're even." He smiles, "I guess so." The rest of the shower was pretty romantic... I mean, no action, but lots of touching.

I put on my undergarments and an undershirt. I'll just sleep in that, I mean it's just Elliot. And, he's sleeping in his boxers so he'll be fine. We get into bed and he puts his arm around me. Sitting there in his arms I think about us. We've know each other for under two months, and started dating today. But, I love him. I really do. That's why I chose him. I like Julian, but I love Elliot. I just hope we don't get back to our normal worlds and it'll be like nothing happened. Because, it did happen and it meant a lot to me. Because three months ago, if I saw him at the grocery store I wouldn't look twice. Three months ago, I wasn't look for a boyfriend. Or anyone actually. I was just being Susannah Maxwell. I'm not sure why I told them that my name was Savannah, but I did. Some where deep in me knew I could trust them. Perhaps that I had to trust them. Now, only three months later I can't imagine life without them. And who knows after this plan if life will be without them.

I wake up to a gentle shake from Elliot. I smile, "Are you ready?" He kisses my forehead, "As ready as I'll ever be." My stomach is an empty pit. The two of us get ready, dreading what's to come. We meet Julian in the hall. He smiles, "We can do this."
Now all we need is a tree. The four of us take the hike towards the woods. Julian clutches the piece of paper. "Are you sure that's what it says?" I say stretching. "Read it your self." He says. I touch the paper, and read it's words once more. I bite my lip, "Well, either we make it back or we die. I guess we'll be leaving either way."

I pull Julian into a hug, "This better work or your dead." He laughs, despite the truth of that sentence. If this doesn't work we'll all
be dead. I swap between the guys, now hugging Elliot. "I love you. Don't die on me, okay?" I say. He wipes the tear from my cheek, "You don't either." I stand on my tippy toes giving him one last, slow kiss. I take a deep breath, and eyes the three trees. I touch the small carving. The guy touch theirs, but are all look at the tree to my left. It says, "Belle."
I look over to them, "Well, if this fails at least we'll be with her."

I'm the first to hoist myself up. The guys start climbing. Branch by branch, we climb to the tops. My heart it beating harder than it ever has. I'm not looking forward to the jump. I look to Julian and Elliot, "Ready?" Elliot shrugs, his knees shaking. Julian is clutched onto the tree, "It only works if we all do it. Don't chicken out." I'm afraid. What if it's a trick. Anybody can betray anybody. This could be Julian's way of revenge, but I'll take any chance I'll get.

"One, two, three." I jump off the branch, to my relief or perhaps my horror, I see both Julian and Elliot flying down with me. I look down and immediately regret it, the ground is coming fast. I'm screaming and I can't stop.

Thanks for reading!
My heart is literally pounding and
I know what's going to happen!
Arg! -Grace