Evil Babies and Assassins

(Savannah's POV)

I sit on the platform as the play is about the begin. Julian told me that he doesn't shoot him until the play is finished. So, I'll wait until the applause to move from my position. I can't see anything, but from what I hear the play didn't seem half-bad. I mean, it was no Hamilton, but it was pretty good. But, then again it didn't see anything so it could have been spectacular.

      I listen for Julian'a sneeze. The applauds begins and I hear an "achooo-eeee." I sit up and uncover my self from the blanket. My heart beats. Every single one of the actors is on stage. One of them glances in my direction. I shake my head and they cock theirs. I make the motions and mouth, "DON'T SAY ANYTHING." They turn back to the audience. I can see the stage I watch as all of the actors, but one exit the stage. It's an average sized guy, with a small build, about the same as Julian's. He's got a devious smirk on his lips. He takes a step forward and laughs.

     The man jumps up on the platform. It's him. He pulls out a gun and aims it towards the president. The crowd gasps. It's happening. I lunge from the board and onto the platform. The assassin is make a speech. A SPEECH. I run up to him, making myself seen to the audience. With every step, my nerves grow. He moves his head just as I shove him off the platform. He fires the gun, the second I push him. In horror, everyone in that theatre, me included, watch the bullet he fired. It inches closer and closer the the president, but misses him by not even three inches. The crowd gasps and Lincoln stares at me. I see the assassin get back into position from the ground, I begin to pull out my gun, but some one beats me to it. As the shot fires, I look over to Julian who aimed and fired at the assassin. The assassin's gun is knocked out of his hands when the bullet hits his chest. He cries out in agony. I aim and fire and hit him directly in between the eyes. He dead now, for sure.

    I look up to see the president standing in fear. I put my gun back in my dress and put up my hands. I just saved Abraham Lincoln. He is rushed out, but we make eye contact. His eyes are sad, I can tell he's had a rough life. Before being totally shoved out of the building, he mouths, "Thank you." I need to go, Lincoln is saved. We'll be moving soon. I jump down from the platform and run to Julian. People are scream and running and screaming some more. I give Julian and hug and pulls me in. The world starts spinning, once more.

       I wake up, still in a hug with Julian. It's seems that we don't change positions between jumps. I roll out of the hug. Elliot stands with his arms crossed against a tree. "Morning," he says. I smile, "We did it." He laughs, "You sure did." He wanted to know what happened, so I told him. "So, did Belle make any progress?" I ask. He shakes his head, "She didn't know her birthday, her parents names, her last name, or her shoe size." That's bad. "I told everything I could, but I haven't know her forever, so I couldn't tell her everything. She basically just knows what I knew about her," he says. I nod.

Belle sits up, "Hey, guys. What year is it?" I glance at Elliot. He shrugs. "It's 1889, we're in Germany," he says. "Woah. From 1830 to 1889?" she says. "Belle, what's the last thing you remember?" Elliot asks. "Um, we had dinner with the Jackson family," she says. "So, you remember your birthday?" I ask. "Uh, its October 15, 2003," she says. "She remembers!" Julian says. He woke up some point during our conversation. "Remembers what?" Belle asks. "Do you remember how Savannah and I prevented Abraham Lincoln's assassination?" Julian asks. "Um, Abraham Lincoln never got assassinated? I mean some one attempted, but no one actually killed him. Some lady killed the assassin before the assassin killed the president," she says.

We explain everything that happened in 1865. She didn't remember any of it and never remembered a time where Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. She remembered everything else we "fixed," before and after. It was only that one year that was different in her mind. It was strange.

        "So, anyway, we're here to murder baby Hitler," I say. "He was born yesterday. I suppose it'll save a few lives," Julian says. Belle laughs, "Just a few."

    We all enter the town, it's a cute town, actually. Everyone is dressed oddly. Much different from us, and they obviously notice. A woman passes by carrying a plate, with a man as her escort. I approach them, "Hello!" They turn to me and say something in another language. I walk back to the group, "Does anyone know what country we are in? It's certainly not America, or Great Britain." Elliot shrugs, "Germany, probably." Belle shakes her head, "We're in Austria." Oh. "Does any one speak Austrian?" Julian asks. "I speak German, they are fairly similar," he says. He walks up to a man and speaks in German. The man says something and points to a house. "What did he say?" I ask him when he walks back over. "Um, I asked him if there was a baby born recently... he said something about pickles, and a goat. I don't think they're as similar as I thought," Elliot says, "And, my German is a little rusty so I might not have asked him about a baby being born... so, let's just go to where he pointed."

    We walk towards the townhouse. Julian knocks on the door. We all stand in silence waiting for an answer. A young boy opens the door and says something in Austrian. Elliot says something back, I don't what, but the boy let us in. Elliot follows the boy, and I follow Elliot, I hope he knows what he is doing.

    The boy leads us up a set of stairs, and into a room. The walls are a pale yellow, the floor is wooden. There's a crib sitting by a window. The four of us approach it, "It that him?" I ask. "I think so, it's a baby who was born yesterday, anyway," Elliot whispers. "Ask him if I can hold him," I whisper back. He says something, and they boy goes, "Ja!" I know that means yes.  I pick up to baby and walk to the door, the boy begin to shout, but I already started running. I dash into the woods with the baby in my arms.  Everyone else isn't fat behind. We hide behind a bush in the woods.

    "How do we know this is him?" I ask. Elliot shrugs, "We don't." I can't kill a baby. Even if it was baby Hitler. "Wait, did it say we had to kill him?" I ask. Julian shakes his head, "No. It just said we have to prevent the holocaust. The only way to prevent it is to kill Hitler." He's wrong. "No. Hitler killed all those people, because a Jew shot his grandfather," I say. "No one really knows why, that's just a theory," Belle corrects me. "Ok. Look, I can kill assassins, slave traders, and people who are fighting for the wrong cause, but I can't kill an baby. I could kill Hitler, but I can't kill this baby. We don't even know if it is Hitler, if it is, than I still can't kill it! It's a baby!" I say. Elliot's face softens, "You're right. We can't kill it." Julian rolls his eyes, "Yes you can! Geez, I didn't know you had a soft spot for babies." Both Elliot and I are taken aback. "I didn't know you were so heartless," Belle says. "Look, I'm not saying I hate babies, I just hate Hitler," he says, "I'm Jewish. He imprisoned my grandmother! He killed my great-grandfather!" "I get it now, but I can't do it. I won't let you do it until we know it's Hitler," I say. Elliot grabs the baby from my lap, "Let's find out if it's a boy first." He begins to unwrap the blanket, there's stitches on it. "Wait!" I say. "What?" Elliot says. I grab the blanket, "It says, "Adolf," like Adolf Hitler."

     I look at Julian, "I can't do it and by no means do I give you permission to kill a baby. But, don't listen to me. I'll be over here." I walk over three bushes. I put my head in my knees, I just can't. I hear foot steps approaching me, I look up. It's Elliot. "I couldn't watch it either. I wanted to make sure your okay," he says. okay? I start to cry, I can't stop it. I've wanted to cry for so long, this was just the last straw. He sits down and pulls me into a hug, "It's okay." I cry into his chest and he rubs my back. I hear a gunshot and Elliot pulls me in tighter. I take a deep breath. And before I know it, the world is turning.

Thank you for reading this!!!
I hope you enjoyed it!
-Grace