Loss

(Belle's POV)
I roll over, awake, and everyone is asleep. I sit down a few feet from where I woke up. Elliot and Savannah lean against a tree with Savannah's head in his chest. Julian lies with his arms up and his face distressed. He has blood splattered on his face and body. I wished I wouldn't have watched, the memory of Hitler's brain exploding isn't the best thing to be playing in your head.

Elliot wakes up and leans Savannah against the tree. I think this is the first time Savannah isn't the first or second one awake after a jump. She wakes up not even 30 seconds later. "Morning," she says with a smile. "Morning Savannah," I say.

Julian wakes up a little while later. It's 1903 and we have to prevent the Iroquois Theater Fire.

We walk into town and immediately are greeted by buildings and people. We walk down the streets of what would be modern day Chicago. After wondering for a while we find the theater.

We open the doors, a security guard waits. "Who are you and what are you doing here? The theatre doesn't open until tonight," he says. Tonight's the fire, we need to get in there.

Savannah walks forward, "I'm the owner's girlfriend, these are my family members." He raises an eyebrow, "Really? His girlfriend?" he says, then points at a tall man. Savannah nods, "Yes?" The guard scowls, "Prove it." She walks towards the man and grabs the top of his shirt. She pulls him closer and kisses him. She spins him around, so she's facing away from the guard. She whispers something to him in the middle of her kiss. Then, she spins on her heels and walks to the guard, "Was that enough for you?" The guard sighs, "Fine. Go on in."

The four of us strut into the theater. I look over to Julian, who's blindly following us. He's got his mouth wide open and is in shock. His face is priceless, I mean watching your crush make-out with someone who they've never met and will be dead before she's born, is quite odd. I smack his arm and he closes his mouth. "Thanks," he mutters.

      Savannah jumps on stage, "So, what's the plan?" I shrug, "I don't know you've come up with every other plan." She rolls her eyes, "Okay, so we just have to evacuate the show before the fire starts. Right?" Elliot nods, "Right, we could pretend like we're going to shoot up the place, then everyone will flee. Then, the fire will start or maybe not."

       The man that Savannah kissed walks in, "Who are you people?" Savannah walks up to him, shaking her booty attempting to look sexy, I guess. Julian was enjoying it. She touches the owner's chest, "We're just here to help. Promise me something?" She moves her finger up and up, "Don't tell anyone we're here. Okay sweetie?" The man smirks, "Yeah, sure." She puts up one finger on his lips and shh's him. She spin on her heels after blowing him a kiss. Julian is smiling wide. Even Elliot seemed mesmerized by Savannah's sudden seductiveness.

    Savannah turns back to us and clears her throat. "We have a plan?" She asks. Elliot nods, "Yep, let's go." She leads us out of the theatre, she's definitely the hbic around here. We have a lot of spare time, I'm not sure what we are going to do with it.

    "Belle and I need dates," Savannah says. "I can take you Savannah. Belle can go with Elliot," Julian says. "Perhaps I should take Savannah, Belle and you look closer to the same age," Elliot says. I know he's messing with Julian everyone knows her likes Savannah. I think he might have been testing Savannah.

    Julian grits his teeth, "Okay, look. I've been making subtle comments this whole time and has no one caught on? You know what I'm talking about." I try not laugh, but Elliot and Savannah burst out laughing. "We all know, obviously. That's why we've been doing what we're doing," I say. Savannah smiles, "It's pretty obvious."

     Elliot smirks, "Hey, at least I've been hiding it, unlike you." Savannah looks at him, "What?" Elliot's face falls and he puts his hands over his mouth, realizing what he said. He likes her too. "Wait, you like her too??" I blurt. Elliot blushes, "I wasn't going to say anything, I just was going to hide it because we should stay focused and stuff. And Julian likes her, and he like made a move before me. That's bro code, I didn't mean to." I look at Savannah, "Well, this is some straight-up love triangle shit."

    Savannah is flat out horrified, and she's not very good at hiding it. "Well, aren't you going to choose?" Julian asks. Savannah bites her lip, "I can't, I need time, okay?" Elliot nods, "Of course, I won't be offended if you choose him." "Yeah, what he said," Julian says. "So, who's you date for tonight?" I ask. She looks up, "I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, what is it?" Julian points, "Uhhh, two!" Elliot shakes his head, "It's nine." Savannah nods, "It was nine." Julian's jaw drops, "How'd you know that???" Elliot shrugs, "Body language, CIA training." Julian still in shock says, "THEY TEACH YOU THAT?" Savannah and Elliot nod, "Yeah." Julian uncrosses his arms and throws them in air, "Well that's no fair!" Savannah laughs, "Sorry, better luck next time."

We attempt to avoid people as much as possible, we're a little late on the fashion trends. Some things weren't that different, but we surely stood out.

It's time for the show to begin, we file in with the rest of the group, in to the now familiar theatre. Elliot and Savannah smile as the owner guy, he furrows his brows. Obviously remembering the kiss from earlier. Not even five minutes in to the play, Savannah leans in to the group and whispers, "10 seconds and we go." She counts down in a whisper. She nods and her and Elliot stand up. They each take an isle, rushing to the stage. Some people freak out, others must think it's part of the play. They jump onto the stage, I watch in fear. Julian is prepped in his seat with the old gun.

"Look, all of you in the audience are going to leave now. Or you'll die." She threatens. I turn to see the owner watching in fear. Some
people leave, but most of them stay. Savannah points her gun and shouts, "I said go!" When half of the group is remaining she points to a piece of metal and fires, bow they run. She tried to avoid wood, so she didn't start the fire that we're trying to prevent. After 20 minutes of panic, fear, and chaos.

The theatre is empty expect Julian, me, Savannah, Elliot and the owner. Elliot is currently holding a gun to his head. "Move. We're going to set this place on fire," Savannah commands as Elliot pushes his to the doors. Savannah shoots a bullet into the wood. A fire breaks out immediately. People scream and I turn to see three police men in horses. Savannah looks at me, "What are we going to do?"

I shake my head, they have guns. They point to towards us, Savannah grabs my arm and jump to the ground I squat, watching the bullet coming our way. It's flying towards Savannah, it can't hit her. I lean in and the bullet punctures my chest. I fall to the ground coughing. I feel someone scoop me up and we're moving, somewhere. I'm set on the ground and I open my eyes. The woods, the place that hell began and perhaps the place it'll end. "You saved me," Savannah says. I cough up some blood in attempt to say, "I love you." Because, I do, she's like my sister, but more than that. Elliot is working on "saving" me. He works in panic, but it didn't hit me in the side. It was in heart, Savannah knows that. That's why she's crying and not helping. Elliot knows it to. Julian stands guard. Savannah touches my face, "Why? Why did you save me? Your so much younger, you've got so much more to live for, a family, friends, school. I don't have that. Why?" Why? It's really simple, I might have more for the future, but she's worth more now, and that's what counts. "Because, they need you. They don't need me," I say. She pushes my hair back and sobs. I whisper in her ear, "Pick..." and tell her the man she should choose. My life is complete, I've saved lives and killed some. I've influenced decisions and forced them. It's done, the pain, the sorrow, the hope, or hopelessness rather. It's done, no more homesickness, no more romance, no more close calls, no more loss. I close my eyes and welcome the darkness. "No! No! Don't you close your eyes!" Savannah shouts. The pain in my chest overwhelms me.

Thanks for reading :/
Sorry I ended with that...
It made me cry, so maybe I'll get a cry out of you. :(