Morning, 1800

(Belle's POV)

       I wake up on the ground. Elliot and Savannah are talking. He spins around, "Morning Belle! Welcome to 1800." I smile, "Hi, Elliot. What's the exact date?" He grabs a piece of paper, "October 9, 1800. We get to prevent the hanging of Gabriel Prosser. He was a slave who was captured. He and 25 slaves were-are hanged on October 10, 1800." Savannah holds up a gun, "We've received two modern guns, money, two blankets and proper attire. Which is why Elliot and I have changed. Here's yours," she says, tossing me an outfit. "I won't look," Elliot says turning around and covering his eyes. Savannah covers hers too. I strip down and put on the bulky skirt. The top isn't much better. "You can look now," I say. Elliot and Savannah turn around. "Now, we just have to wait for Julian," I say.

   He wakes up eventually. The four of us set out to find Gabriel Prosser. Soon enough, we stumble into a town. A man dressed in traditional attire rings a bell, "The hanging of 26 slaves are scheduled for tomorrow!" Good to know... "The town crier," Elliot whispers. "Duh. Let's go ask him about it," Savannah says. We all walk up to him, and Savannah does most of the talking.

       "Morning, sir. We heard about the hanging?  Where is it located I'd love to watch. I'd love to see those little n*****s get what they deserve," she says. Julian catches himself gasp when she says the "n" word. In my opinion that's the worst cuss word, it's racist, offensive, and disgusting. The crier smiles, "Oh, me too. It's just down the street you'll see the hanging stands. Tomorrow at 11:00 in the morning, it's happening." She nods, "Thank you, sir. We won't miss it for the world."

     We study off and follow her towards a back alley. "Sorry for the profanity, I need to make my story believable," she says. "Right. Can we just find this place, then get to a hotel? I'm tired," Julian says. I face him, "We can find the place, but I hate to break it to you. There are no hotels in 1800. Those didn't start until people started traveling, you know, like the 1920's," I say. He sighs, "Ugh. Okay? Then where do we sleep? Didn't they used to welcome strangers into their homes?" I shake my head, "In Ancient Greece, not here. Looks like we are going to spend a night in the woods."

    The four of us walk down the main road until we stumble upon the town square. Three hanging stands stood in the center. Benches and platforms were around them. People loved to watch these sort of things. Ew. It was starting to get dark, so we walk into the woods, and find a camping ground. "Okay... look they gave us two blankets, one for girls, one for guys?" Savannah suggests. I nod, "That's fine." Elliot and Julian look at each other. "Uhh, I'll sleep without one...Two guys equal gay. And I'm not gay," Julian says. Elliot shrugs, "That's fine. You obviously aren't used to roughing it. So if you get cold, it's not my problem..." Savannah hands Elliot a blanket, "Look, Julian, sharing a blanket isn't gay. If you two spooned or cuddled, that's gay, which isn't a bad thing. But, if you get cold, oh well. You wouldn't even have to touch." Julian sits down against a tree, "I'll be fine." Stubborn much?

    We talked for the next few hours, but eventually we wanted to go to bed. Savannah and I lied under our blanket. After fifteen minutes of trying to fall asleep, Julian starts to complain. "It's cold out here," he says. "We told you..." I say. "I know, I know. I'm just stating a fact," he says. "It's really cold out here," Julian complains, again.

    Savannah rolls over, "Look. You can stop complaining or share a blanket with someone." He nods, "Yes please." Great. I might actually be able to sleep. "Alright, You get to choose between Elliot, me or Belle," Savannah says. "Either you or Belle. I'm not gay," he says. "Great. Elliot, would you rather share with me or Belle," she says. "Um, I don't care," he says. "Okay, Belle. Who would you like to share with?" She asks. I think about it. I'm calculating "most blanket for everyone." Elliot is really muscular, Julian and Savannah are skinny and I'm fat. Not like fat, fat, but like curvy. "Uh, Julian. Me and Elliot have the most body mass, his is muscle and mine's fat, but it wouldn't be wise for us to share. Not enough blanket," I say. "That's fine," Elliot says. "You're not fat, but okay. See you in the morning," Savannah says.

    We both agree to sleep on opposite ends. His feet were by my head and vice versa. I think Savannah and Elliot slept the same way as us. The next morning, I wake up and Julian is already up. Elliot is awake, but Savannah isn't. It's barely light, so it's not anywhere close to 11:00. "I can't move, her head is on my legs," Elliot mouths to me. I sit up, "Wake her up," I mouth. He shakes his head, "She's had a rough day. And she woke up first or second every jump. We each had fifteen minute naps through out the day," he whisper mouths.

   She woke up five minutes later. She rolls over, "Morning." She sits up and her hair is a disaster. "Why didn't I bring a hair tie?" she says. Elliot laughs. "Can I touch it?" Julian asks. She rolls her eyes.

    "Okay, we've got two guns," Julian says, "I'm a cop, so I should get one." Elliot looks him, "Okay, hate to break it to you, but I'm a CIA agent. I need a gun." Savannah grabs the one left on the rock, "Well, I'll take this one."  Julian looks at her, "Wait, why do you get one?" She crosses her arms, "I'm MI-6. That's the UK's CIA." Elliot drops the gun into Julian's hands. "Look man, if anyone gets a gun, it's her. She's not just MI-6, but she the best MI-6 agent. She was chosen for that team. And she's the only one who didn't die," Elliot says. "Okay. Fine. She can have one. But, I still get one," Julian says. I butt into the conversation, "Ok, Julian. I'm obviously not going to get one, but my life is in the hands of the two who have them. I'm sure your a great shot, but I'd rather have a CIA agent and an MI-6 agent protecting me, not a regular cop. Sorry," I say. He hands over the gun, "Fine." Elliot and Savannah prep the guns.

   "I'm going to ask someone for the time," Julian says and walks back to the city. I stand next to Savannah. "Thank you," she says. Elliot nods. "I trust Elliot and myself, I know what training I've had. I know what training he's had," Savannah says, "I don't trust that Julian's training was as good." I nod, I didn't think it was either. Elliot smiles at her, "I trust you too. We may have just met, but I know you're a good shot." She elbows him, "Oh, shut up."

Thank you for reading!!
Next chapter below!
-Grace