25. Together

Friday, May 18th
2:58 am

Violet and I sat across from each other at the kitchen table.

"Are you serious..?"

"Isaiah and I have been together for three years now, (y/n), and I'm thrilled to start a new chapter with him." Vi paused for a moment, taking a deep breath before continuing, "I already told him I'd love to move in... but I hate the thought of you being alone, and-"

"Violet," I interrupted, "Don't let me stop you from living your life and starting a new one with him, okay?"

-

"Good morning!" Daniel chirped as I opened the front door for him.

9:47 am

"Morning.." I tiredly yawned.

"You were up late last night, weren't you?" Dan guessed correctly, following me into the kitchen.

I nodded, and pointed towards the almost empty coffee pot, "Violet and I had this discussion all night, and even with all this caffeine in me.. I'm still feeling kinda tired."

"How about this-" Dan spoke, "You head to bed for a nap and I'll make you breakfast? I'll wake you up once it's finished."

"Nooo.." I sluggishly whined, "We planned on cooking breakfast together!"

Dan spun me around on my heels and started walking me towards my bedroom, grinning, "You need to rest!"

-

"(Y/n)? Sweetheart, you should wake up now. C'mon, the food is getting colder the longer you make it wait." Dan's words softly snuck their way into my slumber, waking me up.

I sat up from my bed and my sleepy eyes met with Dan's. His pink lips form a warm smile; his dimples smiling along with him.

"Hungry?" He asked.

"Starving now." I replied.

He took my hand in his, and suddenly my body and mind felt more awake. Daniel helped me stand up from my bed, and we both headed towards the kitchen to eat.

"So," Dan spoke as he and I both sat down in front of our plates of food. My stomach growled as the delicious smell from the breakfast danced its way to my nose. Without hesitation, I immediately began eating.

"Holy fuck, this man can definitely cook."

"(Y/n)?" Dan chuckled out. I looked up from my plate to him, stopping my thoughts.

"Sorry.. Did you say something?" I covered my food full mouth with my hand as I talked.

Dan grinned, "I was just wondering what you and Vi were talking about last night."

Taking a break from the food, I explained the Violet situation to Dan; how she plans on moving out to live with her boyfriend, and now I either need a second job or a new roommate.

"I could help pay for your rent, or you can come live with Phil and I." Dan offered before eating some of his pancakes.

"No, no, I can't allow you to do either of those things."

"Why not?"

"I can't just barge my way into your apartment, and no way will I take your money."

"I really don't mind, and Phil already loves you; I'm sure he'd love the idea of you living with us."

My mind began to juggle my options around.

"No fucking way is Daniel paying for my rent, he already has to pay for his own! And I can't just shove all my things into their place; Phil would probably not even enjoy having me around after awhile.. I can be kind of a drag sometimes... Either option would make me feel quite rude, even though he's offering."

"I can figure this out and eventually get everything sorted out." I stated.

"My offers still stand if at any point you change your mind." He said.

Leaning over to Dan, I gave him a gentle kiss on his cheek, "Thank you, especially for breakfast."

-

Taking full advantage of the sunny day, we sat beside each other on the park bench underneath a shady tree. I watched as Dan scrolled through some of the tweets people were sending him.

"Basically," He said, showing me his phone, "Everyone is trying to figure out who you are and if we're really together. All they know is your first name and- Oh my god!" He began to laugh and read off one tweet to me, "This person said 'Trying to find her social medias is like trying to get use to saying 'Daniel Howell' and not Danisnotonfire: Impossible."

It was impossible for me to not smile along to his cheerful laughter, but it came to an end as I embarrassingly spoke, "... I don't get it."

He gazed at me for a moment, a small grin clinging to his lips.

I waited for him to say something, and I watched as he started to lean in closer to my face.

"Dan-"

"I'm really happy that we're together."

And suddenly, the whole world felt like it stopped.

-
x. thinking about breakfast made me really fucking hungry .x