7.

Monday, April 14th
10:30AM

"Good morning." I greeted Ace and Scarlett as I walked into the shop.

"Morning!" they both chimed.

Scarlett walked up to me as I stood behind the register, taking off my beanie.

"I'm going to the greenhouse outback to bring out a few succulents. Should I bring up anything else?" she asked.
I took a quick look around the shop, "Maybe a few peony's."
Scarlett nodded and excused herself.

After a few moments, I looked up from the register to see Ace looking out the window once again.
"All this rain is making me sleepy."

"Why didn't you call in for the day?"

"Yeah, and have our boss rip up my paycheck? I don't think so." Ace grinned, crossing his arms over his chest as he continued looking out.

I walked out from behind the register counter and over to the sink, filling up a copper watering can. As I walked over to the flowers to water them, the door's bell dinged.

There stood Dan with a wet closed umbrella in his hand.

"Hello."

"Hello." I greeted back. He walked up to me as I watered a pot full of daisies.

"I, um..." he mumbled, watching me water the flowers, "It's a nice day out, isn't it?"

I looked up from the flowers and towards the window; the rain had stopped. "Well, I was about to disagree... but seeing how the rain had stopped, I guess it's pretty nice."

"You don't like the rain?"

"No, I do..." my voice slowly dialed down, "I just can't forgive it after I spilt rain water on you."

Dan laughed, "I spilt coffee on you, do you really think rain water is all that bad?"

I shook my head as I laughed along, "Good point."

After I finished watering the rest of the flowers in the first isle, I moved on to the next.

"(Y/n)," Dan spoke as he followed next to me, "Are you free this weekend? Or maybe even Friday night?"

I stopped watering and looked up at him, "I am."

"Would you maybe... like to go on a date with me?"