9.

Tuesday, April 15th
11:28AM

So far into the morning, only ten people came into the shop.

None of them were Dan.

"He'll be here any second. Be yellow."
I repeated these words over and over in my head. I continued to check the time on my phone almost every five seconds as if the time was moving any faster.

11:31AM

"Dan will be here any second now.. any second. Don't be so desperate." My thoughts drew a blank before starting up again, "But what if he doesn't show up? What if he forgets about you or already changed his mind about you? What if he decided he isn't interested after all? What if-"

"(Y/n)?" Scarlett's soft voice chirped from behind, causing me to jump a little as I snapped out of my thoughts. I turned around to face her, leaning up against the register counter.

"I'm sorry. How long have you been standing there?"

She tucked a piece of her ebony black hair behind her ear, and responded with a small smile, "That was the third time I called your name, but I'm glad I got your attention now. I wanted to ask you if you'll help me out with something in the greenhouse."

I nodded and followed Scarlett outback, leaving Ace alone.

11:46AM

"One. Two. Three."

The both of us lifted up a giant bag of soil and stacked it on top of the other five bags.

"Our boss said we'd be getting another shipment sometime next month and she'll be here for it."

"You know," Scarlett groaned, walking over to some succulents, "I dunno why she's hardly ever here.. This is her shop after all."

"Well, she did just have her baby and has been stressing out."

After a few minutes of talking and watering a few plants, the greenhouse door opened, and both Scarlett and I saw Ace step in.

"Hey, it's lunch time."

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket, reading the time.

12:20PM

"He didn't come. I told you he wouldn't come."

Thoughts started to fill my head once again.

Scarlett and I walked with Ace back inside the main shop. I grabbed my coat from behind the register and flung it on.
Ace locked up the back door and Scarlett changed the open side to 'Be Back Soon!'.

"At least it's not raining." Ace said, looking out the window.
"Oh, hey! That one guy that comes to see you is across the street, (Y/n)!" Ace smiled, nodding his head towards the window.

I quickly moved out from behind the register counter and to the front door.

The shop bell dinged as I opened it, and there stood Dan on the other side; he seemed to be out of breath.

"Hello.. I-I'm so sorry I'm late." He said, catching his breath, "I ran here as f-fast as I could... and I don't exercise that much.."

His words brought a huge smile to my lips, and I ultimately ended up laughing. Dan watched me laugh for a second, and soon joined along.
After our laughing moment, I stepped out of the shop and our bodies became closer together.
My face was practically positioned straight up as I looked up at him.

"Do you wanna go grab some lunch with me? I have an hour and a half before I need to come back."

"I'll pay since I'm late."

"You don't have to. Showing up late is better than you not showing up at all."

-

We sat across from each other in a small café, munching on the sandwiches we ordered.

"Wait, did you really?!" I laughed.

Dan nodded, taking a bite out of his food, "Don't worry, I didn't say your names in the video. I just thought it'd be a perfect story to tell to remind everyone how terrible at social interaction I really am."

"I'm sure Violet is going to love it. Have you posted it yet?"

"Yup. As soon as it uploaded, I left straight to your work. I didn't-"

"Hold on," I cut off Dan, "You haven't slept at all? You've been editing all night?"

He nodded once again, "When you fell asleep, I realized I hadn't edited the video. Definitely took me longer than I expected it to... I'm still really sorry for showing up late."

"It's okay, Dan. You don't have to apologize so much." I gave him a soft, reassuring smile before taking a sip from my drink.

-

We left the café after we were done eating, and Dan walked me back to my work.

"Go home now and get some rest, okay?" I said to him, standing in front of the shops door. Dan used his left hand to ruffle his curls, a small grin tugging his pink lips, "That sounds like a good idea actually. It was great seeing you again, (Y/n)."

"It's always great seeing you, Dan."

We hugged goodbye.

It didn't rain.