16.

Wednesday, May 9th
7:20 am

"Phil, you don't have to call me to apologize." I yawned, a smile forming on my lips right after.

"Would it be better if I texted you an apology? I probably should've done that."

"Oh my god," I laughed tiredly, "It's really okay, Philly! I'm not upset or anything like that. My friend and I actually had a good laugh about the whole situation when I told her about it."

"Oh! Well, I guess that's good then."

"I'm going to get more sleep now, okay? Tell Dan I said good morning when he wakes up."

As soon as Phil and I said our goodbyes, I laid back down on my bed and rolled to my side. The single sunflower Dan had given me laid on my nightstand. I took hold of the sunflower and admired it, remembering what happened last night.

"He almost kissed you. He almost asked you."

A rush of embarrassment came over me as I felt my cheeks heating up.

My phone dinged.

"phil woke me up and basically good morning to you too"

"well so much for me going back to sleep"

"what do you mean?"

"now i want to talk to you ):"

"you're cute"
"BUT NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION"

"go ooooon"

"i didn't get the chance to ask you want i wanted to ask you yesterday"

"mhmmm"

"so can i walk you home today?"

"what about lunch instead? it looks like it might rain"

"i have some things i have to handle around that time ):"

"lame"

"i'm not THAT lame"

"daniel howell?"
"more like daniel how-LAME can you be??"

"..."
"that was really lame lmao"

"ik im sorry"

"so i'll see you after work then?"

"duh"

-

Work went by slow due to the heavy rain that went on throughout the day.

I stood outside in front of the shop, my umbrella in one hand and a few roses for Violet in the other.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Ace called out. I turned my head to see him walk out of the shop. He opened his umbrella and made his way over to stand next to me.