XV

[olajide olatunji]

"Alright, so, what do you want?" I raised my voice slightly as Amelia continued to harass me, irritation clearly evident in my words.

She noticed but didn't bother to address it or leave me alone like anticipated. I dragged my shoes against the concrete, trudging along the path next to my 'best friend', aka crush's, crazy ex-girlfriend.

What did Simon ever see in this crazy ass chick?

It felt like she brought her bad mood with her because the morning sun had disappeared within grey rain clouds that now consumed the once blue sky.

I sighed.

"I want Simon back." She stated directly and forcefully, pulling me to a halt.

A cold breeze settled in and the trees that lined one side of the path swayed slowly, creating a calming sound.

I should have never agreed to her request to go on a walk.

Jealousy and anger started to swell inside of me as she gave me a sassy look, her green eyes also pooling with jealousy. She puckered her face and it sort of reminded me of a quiche that someone had punched and was now folded in.

She is not getting him back. There's a reason that he broke up with her and I'm not going to let this bitch hurt him again, regardless of whether I'm talking to him or not, I still love him. He still means the world to me, even if he doesn't know it.

"What do you fucking mean? He dumped you, I didn't have shit to do with it and I can't make him want you. That's low, you can't do shit all about it. Let him go." I remarked scoffing at her immature request. 

My gaze wondered anywhere but her. She was getting more aggressive by the second and I just wanted to go find somewhere to eat.

The sky cast a grim smoke across the London city and I scrunched up my face slightly, it wasn't the beautiful day it could have been.

"You are the reason he fucking broke up with me you dumb ass motherfucker. Why the hell do you think I'm talking to you?" Venom laces her words as she flicked her longhair off her shoulder and roll her eyes in disgust.

I'm over this.

"Look, I can't do anything. Try, I don't know, talking to him?!" I sighed and sarcasm was evident.

I then tried to walk away.

She pulled me back, grabbing the back of my shirt and thrashing me back toward her. I rubbed my neck as a pain ran across my neckline.

"No. You are going to talk to him and convince him to take me back. Otherwise I will hurt him." She snarled, evil ridding her small figure.

I threw my head back and laughed at her immaturity.

Who does she think she is?

"What are you on? Sugar high? Look, little girl, I think we should go find your Mum." I mocked her, patting her head whilst I giggled.

Slowly anger rose in her and it was evident in the way her face started to turn red. It wasn't until she punched me straight in the gut, causing me to collapse over in pain that I felt a panic radiate throughout my body.

"If you think I'm fucking around, don't come crying to me when your precious little Simon is dead." She hissed getting up in my face.

My heart stung for a moment.

"Don't. Touch. Him. Bitch." I hissed back right in her face, my arm still clutching at my stomach.

For a small girl she's strong as shit.

A protective instinct overcame me, I felt the need to protect Simon at all costs.

"Then tell him. If he doesn't come running back, you'll know why he hasn't come home." Her smile stunk of pure evil and eyes conducted that same evil spirit.

"Fuck you." I tried to be tough, hissing it back through gritted teeth, but my voice cracked slightly.

I had to tell the love of my life to get back with his crazy ex or him get hurt. An aching feeling began to engulfed my chest, head spinning and an indescribable emotion stung me. It was like hurt and pain and love and fear and guilt and anger all rolled into one massive ball.

"That's a good boy," She laughed, "well I best be off. But don't worry JJ, I'm always watching." Winking, she flicked her hair and then strutted back up the street.

I close my eyes and heave in a heavy breath, exhaling it is shaky and full uncertainty.

How does shit like that just happen? And why to me? Why? I just want to tell him how I feel. I know I want him and now I can't even do that without hurting him or putting him in danger.

I regained my composure, head still a swirling mess of thoughts and feelings, and began to make my way closer to town.

I knew a small dingy diner that wasn't very popular but it was my absolute favorite. I went there whenever I needed a break or a really good hot chocolate with a warm muffin. None of my friends know about it, except Simon. I brought him with me once because I dying for a Christmas cinnamon roll that they make around Christmas time, and I wanted to show him how amazing it was. We shared a booth and it was the perfect afternoon, the rain littered the windows with droplets and we shared a chocolate twist shake along with some banter of course.

The look on his face when he tried the cinnamon roll was priceless, it was like putting a little boy in a candy shop and telling him he can have anything he wants.

I sighed, scratching the back of my neck.

He was my precious cinnamon roll and I missed him. A lot.

It was on the corner on the street I was walking on and as a approached it, the rich smell of cinnamon rolls and chocolate wafted toward me.

I really needed that hot chocolate right about now.

——————
Authors notes:
G'day, everyone! Thank you for reading this book btw. I'm enjoying writing it atm. However, my updates may become slower as I start my final term (for 2017, that is) of school tomorrow and I will be extremely busy. Also I wanted to let you know that YES I have a Sidemen one shot book out now! It's been out a while but I haven't updated really but I just published a KSIMON one and I'm really proud of it and I would really love it if you guys would check it out. Is called 'sidetracked' and umm yeah. (Sorry for the self-promo ;)) anyway, hope you are all fantastic and have a amazing day!

Love,
  Ally x