Chapter 17

Hey guys, I didn't have enough comments for the truth and dare (haha awkward) so I'll wait for it and in the mean time, here's another chapter!

I stood there staring at my mom, not knowing what to say as she glared back at me.

"WHERE WERE YOU?" She screeched angrily.

I took a deep breath. No need to be afraid of her.

"I was at Chelseas." I said keeping a straight face, hoping that she buy it.

She raised her eyebrow. "Chelsea? Then why didn't you answer your phone?"

"The sound was off." I replied quickly as I made my way for the door.

Mom blocked my way. "What about this morning? You rejected my call, what was that?"

"Um....you see I-

"Cut the crap, Britney!" Mom snapped.

Started by her sudden outburst, I flinched and staggered backwards. Mom took a step foward, still clutching onto my backpack.

"You were with that little punk, weren't you? She said through gritted teeth.

Okay, she's either good at detecting liars or I'm a bad liar. I think both. But I won't let her bring me down. Not anymore.

"Okay yes! I was with Justin!" I confess. "But I didn't do anything wrong! We just talked!"

Mom looked like she was about to explode with anger. "NOTHING WRONG??? YOU GAVE YOUR VIRGINITY TO A STRANGER!!"

"What!?" I exclaimed.

"He could have STDs!!" Mom said angrily.

I can't believe she thinks I slept with Justin. I mean I did. LITERALLY. I just slept with him on his bed. I would never give my virginity to someone in High School.

"Mom I swear I didn't hook up with Justin! You have to believe me!" I say.

Mom shook her head. "I heard you broke poor Toms camera! and you kicked him!! How could you?? All because of some smelly criminal!!"

What the hell.

"Mom! Tom tried to rape me! I swear! You have to believe me!! I don't want him to be involved with us anymore." I plead at a verge of tears.

"Nonsense! I don't want you to be involved with Justin and that's final!" Mom said practically screeching in my ears.

"But I learned so much about him! About his life! Mom, he needs help real bad....-

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!!" Mom boomed angrily. "Honestly, why couldn't Justin just die in that storage room!!" She yelled as she flung my backpack towards my direction.

Startled, I quickly dodged and watched my bag smash the vase off the drawer and the vase shattered into a million pieces. Shards of glass flew in every direction.

One shard gently slid over my delicate skin and cut it like it was a piece of paper. A small cut was formed on my hand and I could see fresh red blood soaking out.

Ignoring the pain, I could feel my heart race as all the pieces of puzzle began to get together and reality hit me.

IT WAS YOU!" I cried out pointing a finger at her accusingly.

"W-what?" Mom asked with a confused look on her face.

"Y-you started that fire! You hurt Justin and Harry! I can't believe it! How did I no-

But before I could finish, mom raised her hand in the air and slapped me across my face. The sound of her slap echoed in our empty halls. My face stung with pain and I felt like she left her handprint on my face.