Chapter 24

Hey guys!! I'm going to start calling the chapters by their number cause I've run out of ideas for titles 😔, well anyways, lets get to the story. 👍✌

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I mentally curse myself when I remember I'm in a team with Gabby, Earnest and Marco. I smile at everyone as we get started.

We're standing backstage, waiting to be called for our skits (the oldest bunks stay in the back throughout the whole sasprilla, except for intermission.) I stand near the corner awkwardly. Right there splat in the middle are Gabby and Earnest standing next to each other. His arm is wrapped around her shoulders and her arm is around his waist as they look into each others eyes with love. I honestly feel like puking.

I go sit down and two girls from my bunk come up to me when Earnest and Gabby are doing one of their skits onstage.

Girl 1:"What the fuck is up with Gabby? Why does she have his arm around him like that?"

"It's because they got together last night." I manage to choke out.

I can't even hold in my tears anymore. I just let them fall. They both hold me as I cry my heart out.

Girl 2:"Don't cry Stella, Earnest isn't worth it if he can't see what an amazing and beautiful girl you are. It's his lost. Oh and also Stella, your skit is up any moment, you should get ready. imps my head.

"Thanks girls, I don't know what I would have done without you."

They both smile at me and wipe away my tears.

Both:"Go act your heart out!"

I giggle and go to the stage with another group. (They require you to do at least two skits each with different groups, that why Stella went up with a different group.)

I go backstage once more and sit away from the 'lovebirds'. Earnest of course notices and comes over to me. I shoot him a small smile before I go to my usual blank face.

E:"You ok Stella, you don't look good."

I want so badly to scream out 'Of course I fucking look like shit. How would you fucking feel if your "best friend" got together with the girl that you've been liking for almost a year. The worst thing is that you told him and yet still, he gets together with her. And how would you feel if she was the fucking reason why you didn't commit suicide just so you could be with her.' I just look at him.

E:"Still feeling under the weather then? Hey Marco, tell Stella a dead baby joke so she can cheer up."

Something just snaps in me. I run out of the theatre like there's no tomorrow. Apparently it started raining. I stop when I hear someone call my name.

E:"Stella stop!! Why did you run out?"

He tries to hug me but I smack his hands away.

"The fucking reason why is because before I was born, my mom gave birth to a dead baby!"

He looks at me with pure shock. He then tries to hug me. I try to wiggle out but he has a firm grip on me and he starts to stroke my hair. I stop struggling the moment he places a kiss on my forehead.

E:"I'm so sorry Stella, I didn't know. But really we need to get out of this rain before you get sick even more."

He takes me back to the theatre. It takes a lot of willpower not to smirk at Gabby's shocked face. I look down and Earnest is holding my hand. It just feels so natural, so right.

M:"What happened Stella, did I say something wrong?"

Earnest whispers into his ear what happened and his face goes pale. He quickly pulls me into a hug.