Shock

I can't believe it, he didn't recognize me. I barely changed over the last year , sure I let my hair grow, colored my tips and grew a little, but other then that, I looked exactly the same. Then a horrible thought pops into my mind. "What if he chose to ignore me?" I quickly push that out of my head and get ready to eat lunch.

*After Lunch*

I'm going to talk to Earnest, whether he wants to or not. I quickly spot him and I quickly stop in my tracks, looks like he didn't come alone this year. Standing next to him is this boy who looks to be around our age. He's wearing glasses, has light ginger hair and even though I was kinda far away from them, I could notice the freckles on his cheeks.

I gather up all of my courage and start to walk towards them. I stop in from of them so that have no choice to stop and look at me. Earnest at first looks at me with a confused face and when he realizes who I am, he gives me a small smile and say hi. I try my best not to show my shock on my face. I haven't seen him in a fucking year and all he offers me is a hi? What the actual fucking hell?

I try to ask in a polite tone who is friend is, but I swear it came out in a pretty rude tone. He doesn't seem to take any notice to my tone and calmly responds that his name is Marco. I say hello to Marco and he just waves. I sense the awkwardness and I walk away mumbling that I need to unpack.