"Kora-" he was trying to talk but I just couldn't let him.

"Isn't that what you want?" I pushed myself closer to him. "Time? Take all of it. You don't have to call me or check up on me, I won't call you either. I'd just wait for you. I don't care how long it's going to take but I'd wait for you. You loved me before, I'm sure you can love me again. I'm sure everything would be back to normal once you're done with your exams."

How much more of my pride and my entire self did I have to throw away for this man?

"Just-" I continued, shutting my eyes for a second. "Don't ask me not to." I opened my eyes again just so I could look at him. "Don't ask me not to."

"Kora." I went cold all over as I felt his warm hands reach for mine slowly.

"Please." I whispered, finally looking into his eyes just as he looked at our joined hands, squeezing mine gently.

"Don't." He told me, not raising his head for a second. "Don't live like that. Don't wait for me because I'm never coming back to you."
I felt my lungs collapsing. I shook my head continuously, pretending like I hadn't heard him.

"I need you to move on." He told me, "Don't hold on to me, I don't deserve it, I don't deserve you. You deserve everything else I won't be able to give to you."

"No." My voice broke.

"You have to move on Kora. You have to let me go because I'm never going to be that guy. The Luke you know is gone and he's not coming back."

"That's not true. You're only saying that. You'd say anything to change my mind."

"I wish that was the case." He stared at me. "I wish I could try to convince myself that I still feel the same way about you, but I don't. Those feelings like the ones I used to have for you aren't just there anymore. I don't have those feelings for you anymore Kora. I don't love you."

I don't love you, I don't love you.
Those words echoed in my head.

"I don't love you kora." He reached for my arms so he could shake me. "Do you understand?"

"Luke, " I shut my eyes. "Luke please, Luke don't do this to me." My voice broke as a lot of tears came falling down from my eyes again. "Don't do this to me please."

"God, Kora-"

"I'd do anything." Now I was desperate. "I'd bring back those feelings. Whatever it is I did, I'd change. I'm ready to change. Just tell me and I won't do it anymore."

"I'm sorry." He slowly let go of my arms just as the car's boot shut close with a large thud and the driver hurried into the car. "I'm really sorry Kora."

Luke took a few steps away from me.

"Luke," I whispered his name as I watched him take backward steps to the car till he was right beside the front door. He exhaled and then turned away. He opened the door quickly and then got in.

"Luke!" I yelled as the car started, just as his mum rushed out of the house. "Luke!" I went after the car, running as fast as I could, yelling his name at the top of my lungs, hoping he just stopped the car for a second. His mother went after me.

"Kora!" I could hear her yell my name from behind me.

"Luke!" I kept yelling and running  even when it was obvious the car had increased its speed. I kept running as fast as I could. I needed him to stop. I needed him to listen to me. I had tears all over my face. "Luke!" I missed a step and it brought me fast to the ground, causing me to scratch both my knees.

"Kora!"
Luke's mum rushed to my aid.

"Aunty Patience." I hurriedly turned to her as she bent over to help me. "Aunty, you have to stop him." I held on tight to her arm. "He can't leave like this, he can't leave me like this."