Flashbacks

-2 months before the beginning of volume 1-

James was at his bar, waiting for someone to walk in and get a drink. The bar had only 2 people, and no one was down stairs in the club, so Zoey and Charlotte were up top. The bell rang and Isaac walked in. Isaac was a tall, pale, blue eyed man in a black suit, and short white hair with a fedora on his head.  He walked up to the bar and sat down on a stool."Top of the morning" "What will it be today?" James asked.

Isaac stood looked at the bottles for about half an hour before finally making up his mind. "Wine." he said. James grabbed a bottle and poured it into a small glass. Isaac sipped the wine when a Qrow walked in. "Oh, hey Qrow, you owe me for the glasses, and the drinks, and the stools, and weapon repair." James said. "Yeah, yeah, put it on my tab." he said. "You know I cant do that, you owe 500 dollars worth of damages, pay up, or else." James said. 

"Hey bud, mind helping me?" Qrow asked. "Nope, not my problem." Isaac said. "Come on." Qrow said, "It helps us both." Qrow said. Isaac threw the wine at Qrow and vanished. 

-Flash back 2, 1 week after Volume 1's end-

The bar had Sober night. The bar was to sell pop and other drinks for teenagers, this was also a day for dancing, so the bar was in club mode. James, was the only one drunk and team RWBY walked in. They all sat at the stool and nudged James. "Hey, buddy? You going to serve us or, has the pop stopped?" Ruby asked, poking his head. "5 more minutes, I'll be with ya then." James said. He got us, still obviously drunk and looked at the girls. "You want a bit of advise?" he asked.

"Sure, why not, could be useful." Blake said. "You all have good things ahead of you, but each of you have a dragon to face, you'll learn about your feelings, your power, and most importantly, how to move on if you loose someone. Blake, old memories will appear again, Weiss, respect everyone, some faunas are very smart and clever, Yang, control of your anger is key. Ruby.........I'm sorry for your lose." James said, using his semblance, seer, letting him see what is to come, most of the time.

"I think you need to rest my friend." Isaac said, appearing behind the girls. "Don't listen to him, he's a drunk fool, you need to know that a fight is important, only if you know how to win." he said, before vanishing. "Did you guys see that guy?" Weiss asked. "Yeah, he's weird." Blake said. 

-Flashback 3, during the fighting festival-

James was in the elevator going up to Ozpin's office. "What did the fool want now? He knows I'm busy." James said, talking to himself. The elevator opened to see the office was empty, except for Ozpin, and Isaac, along with having a broken window. "Should I ask?" James asked. "No, James, please, have a seat." Ozpin said. "I'd rather have a drink but ok." James said, sitting in the chair.

"Now, Gentlemen, I have heard you have been influencing my students, some have taken the wrong things to heart, James, please stop using your ability to push my students in what is to come, I want them to go in their direction, not yours." Ozpin said, looking at James. 

"And Isaac, stop messing with all my students, this is a school, not a betting ground." Ozpin said, looking at Isaac. "Now what's the fun in that?" he asked. The Elevator opened and Phyrah walked in. "Oh, hello, good to see you all, ummmm, I'll be going." she said, backing up slowly. 

"No worry, I'm leaving." James said. Isaac was already gone. "Yeah, and you might want that window fixed, you could get a lot of crows." Qrow said, leaning on a window. "I am aware, but now, shall we talk about why your here." Ozpin said. The elevator shut and James could no longer hear the conversation.

-flashback, 20 years before rwby begins-

James was fighting in the training hall with his frenemy, Isaac. The 2 were fighting, James unable to hit Isaac due to how Isaac explains. "I'm not dodging, your just bad at aiming." The 2 fought, neither able to land a hit. The room was constantly changing, wooden poles raising and lowing, walls appearing and disappearing, and over watching, was the new head master, Ozpin. 

James finally landed a hit on Isaac, cutting the fedora in half, only for Isaac to vanish and look at the fedora cut open. This was the last year of their training, leading to them being named Huntsmen, and more importantly, the beginning of James job, as an intel officer.

Outside the room was Zoey, watching the battle, trying to find a song that would be appropriate to the fight, before finding Panic in the club's I write sins. She played it and noticed they moves were synced to the song. Each teleport of Isaac was on the off beat with James's attack being to the beat. The battle was fast and hard to follow but she saw it in musical measures. 

She noticed each strike was timed, planned, and ready, before Issac fired his cane, almost hitting James. "Nice try but, I think you missed." James said. He jumped on a rising post and jumped up, before continuing the clash. 

The song ended and a new song played, a song she recored for a classmate, Summer. 

"Oh no, oh no, no, no, no, no!" Zoey said, trying to switch the song. She looked at the fight and noticed the fight stile in beat. "How are they always in beat, it makes no sense, next thing you know they stay in beat on a waltz." she said. "That would make this fight interesting." Winter Schnee said. Blain and Charlotte were watching too, along with some other people. "This is just strange." Blain said, now only with the face mask and her hair cut boy short. (if anyone cares to correct me on this, please do, I have no idea what you cut a short haircut on a boy.) The fight ended when they both collapsed due to the minor hits they took and all the shots made them run out of ammo, and destroyed 90% of the training room.