Chapter 36

Taylor's POV

I was still feeling ecstatic by the time be got to Demi's. I couldn't believe Jace was here. And he'd forgiven me. I'm pretty sure anyone else would just forget about me.

We walked through the front door, and Demi and Jess attacked me as soon as they saw me. It was kinda awkward since I was still holding Jace's hand. He could see what was going on and smiled at me before he let go of my hand and went into the living room.

"we have some serious talking to do." I was dragged upstairs to Demi's bedroom. She shut the door and turned to face me. I sat down on the bed and they both followed.

"ok, what the hell happened before?"

"I don't know" I shrugged but she just raised her eyebrows at me so I carried on. "ok. We were in the tomato fight. Next thing I know someone grabs onto my waist and spins me round. It was Jace. He said I was weak for running away and he thought that I'd be stronger. That's when you took him away. He found me later on and I told him he was right. I was weak for running away. He told me it wasn't my fault and that him and my brothers aren't mad at me. Then we came home."

"awwwwww." they both said in unison.

"come on let's get back down. We'll talk about this some more later." I followed the girls downstairs where all the boys were sat in the living room. They all turned their heads when we walked in. My eyes met Jace's and he smiled at me so I smiled back.

I sat on the sofa, in the middle of Mike and Jess. Jace was sat on a recliner and Ben and Demi were sat on the other sofa.

"how you feeling?" Mike asked.

"alright. I wanted to thank you guys for taking me to el Tomatina. I needed something to cheer me up, and that did just that." Mike put his arm around me and pulled me close.

"we'll always be here for you Taylor." I heard a low growl and saw Jace glaring at Mike. Mike took his arm off me and help his hands up in surrender. I rolled my eyes at them and went back to watching tv.

After a while, we were called to have dinner. On my way to the kitchen, Jace stopped me and asked me to follow him. He went out through the kitchen and into the woods at the back of the house.

We stopped walking after a while and he turned to face me.

"why did you bring me out here?"

"because there's something I need to tell you." he took a step forward.

"you know I'm a werewolf. There's some stuff you need to know. Every wolf has a mate. A mate is like the other half to a wolf. They were made for each other. No matter what, there is nothing that can keep them away from each other." my eyes started to water but I kept the tears back.

"I get it. You found your mate and when you go back to LA you're gonna go back to the way things were because you'll have your mate. Honestly it's fine."

"really?" he took some more steps towards me and back me up into a tree. "because it looks like you're gonna cry at any minute."

"it's fine. I just don't get why you're telling me. Go tell your mate."

"I have told my mate."

"then why aren't you with her? Go. You're wasting your time here. Thanks for looking for me and everything, but just tell Aiden where I am and go to your mate." the tears were threatening to spill now, but I managed to keep them in. I fall for Jace, only for him to tell me he's got a mate.

"I'm with my mate."

"who is it? Demi? Jess? Oh wait, you're not gay are you?" he chuckled lightly and cupped my left cheek in his hand.