Chapter 16

Taylor's POV

I stood up as quick as I could when the wolf landed next to me. I know I was supposed to be scared of it, but for some strange reason, I wasn't.

The wolf was midnight black, and was huge. It was bigger than anything I've seen before, and was probably just as tall as me on all fours.

The wolf sat down on the grass, and let it's head drop into it's paws. I sat down next to it, and laid back down, staring at the stars again. I turned to look at the wolf, and saw him watching me intently. I took a closer look at it, and noticed it's deep blue eyes.

I raised my hand and started stroking the wolf.

"ya know, I'm pretty sure that anyone that saw me right now would think I'm crazy" the wolf tilted it head to the side and narrowed it's eyes a bit, as if he was asking 'what're you talking about?'

"I'm talking to a giant wolf. One that most people would probably run away screaming from. But you're not that bad are you?" I looked at the wolf and noticed his eyes. I'm pretty sure I've seen them somewhere, but I couldn't remember where.

"you eyes are a really nice color." I said and the wolf got up and licked my hand.

"I gotta go now. I'm pretty tired. Ya know, seeing as you probably can't undertand me, you're actually really good company." I waved at the wolf and headed back home. I got in and went straight upstairs. I was too tired to stay up.

I got out of my clothes and put on a pair of cream pajama pants, and a blue tank top. When I got into bed, I had peaceful dreams of a certain wolf.

I got out of bed and checked my reflection in the mirror. I sorted the birds nest on my head, and went down when I heard the doorbell ring for the millionth time. Why the boys couldn't get it, I have no idea.

I yanked the front door open, and there stood Jace. My heart started beating at the sight of him. What the hell was goin on with me?

"dude what the hell are you doing here so early?" I said walking inside. I knew he was following me, because I could feel it.

"i came to talk to Aiden."

"well I have no idea where he is." I said walking into the kitchen. There on the counter was a note.

Taylor

We went out for some soccer. We'll be back about half two.

Aiden.

" they ain't gonna be back till about half two." I told him chucking the note in the bin.

"well then I'd gladly have some breakfast" he said sitting down.

"ha get up off your own lazy ass and make it" i scoffed "Just 'cause you came here to talk to Aiden doesn't mean I instantly become your slave."

"but I'm a guest and should be treated like a guest."

"no I'm not gonna do it. Get up and make it."

"ooh what you gonna do, tell your mommy on me?" I know he was joking, but that still hit a nerve. I shook my head at him and ran down to the gym. The only way I was gonna get over this, was if I let it all out.

I entered the gym and went straight for the punch bags. I went to my locker next to it, and took out a pair of black shorts and put them on.

I tied my hair up, and started on the punch bag. I hit it with everything I had, and didn't stop once. After a while, I was sweating, tired but I wasn't giving up. I heard footsteps coming down, but ignored them and went to get a towel and wiped some of the sweat of my forehead.

"hey you ok?" Jace asked me softly. I just nodded my head and turned back to the punch bags. I froze when he grabbed my wrist, and tingles ran through my whole arm.

"look, I don't know what I said back there but I'm sorry."

"it's alright." I mumbled and tried shaking his hand off my wrist. He grabbed my arm and pulled me close to him, placing his hands on my waist.

"no it's not alright, especially when you just took off like that." he used his thumbs to wipe away the tears that had fallen. I guess I was too busy with the punch bag to realize I was crying.

"look it was nothing, just leave it alright" I pulled away from him, instantly missing his warmth.

"alright." he replied. I couldn't help but feel bad for the way I shouted at him. I sighed and ran a hand through my ponytail.

"look I'm sorry I just snapped at you. What you said just brought back bad memories that's all. There's nothing to worry about." I reassured him. It was a bad memory. A bad memory that would last with me forever.

"alright." he instantly perked up. "come on let's go back up, I made breakfast."

"oh my. The famous player made breakfast for once in his life."

"hey I'm not a player" he shouted back at me.

"oh yeah? How many girls have you slept with? And then ditched the next day?" I asked him.

"alright I'll admit it I'm a player. But as long as I get what I want I'm happy." I felt a pain in my chest as he said that and I tried to ignore it as best as I could. I don't know what was happening to me, and I didn't want to know.

"how 'bout after breakfast we go and practise our song?" I asked when I said down.

"sure thing. But I wanna do a different song." he said sighing next to me and handing me a plate of scrambled eggs.

"uh-uh we're not changing the song."

"yes we are. I found a better song, and anyway we're working together so I say we change the song."

"no I'm just not gonna do it."

"don't care. I'll just get all the credit."

"no you aint. I came up with the song" I fired back.

"but you don't wanna do it if I wanna change the song." he said smugly. I groaned and glared at him.

"you're impossible."

"I know."

"it wasn't a compliment dumbass" I said pushing past him ad heading upstairs.

"whatever. You know you want me." he said following me.

"not even when hell freezes over"

"keep telling yourself that." ugh this guy was seriously getting on my nerves now. Could he ever just shut up?

"so what song you wanna do?" I asked him when we got to the music room.

He smirked and went for the guitars, completely ignoring me.

Two hours later, and the boys came home. I went down with Jace 'cause he said he needed to talk to Aiden about something.

"hey guys wassup?" I asked them when I got into the living room.

"nothing. Hey what you doing here Jace?" Aiden asked him when he walked in.

"I gotta ask you something."

"sure, fire away"

"a couple of gangs got into our house last night while we were out and set the place on flames. I was womderin' If we could stay here for a while, till our house is re-built." oh no please say no Aiden. I could barely take this guy for a couple of hours. Him being here all day would just be torture.

"sure man. We got some extra room. Who's staying"

"just me Eric and Drake. Everyone else has a place."

"yeah man it's cool." Aiden said going Jace a man hug. Jace turned around to smirk at me, and I just wanted to punch it off his face.

My life was now destroys forever.