35) It's Funny Who You Would Meet In A Library

The days after Rachel left were really hard for Finn, and even though I tried to talk him out of it, he went and joined the army. Soon he was gone to train with them.

Beau and the boys were now half-way through their tour, and soon would be starting their American leg of it ( They told me that Dublin had been the best show so far ), and even though James had dislocated his shoulder and their latest video 'Public Wanking' ( Which I had disapproved of ) had caused controversy, they were having a great time.

While my boyfriend was away touring around the world I got a new hobby, writing.

I had been thinking about Mr Walsh had said to me a few months earlier, and I liked the idea of being a journalist, if I coudn't be a performer of course. So I decided to start writing a few short stories to help me improve.

I couldn't write at home though, because Mam had decided to redo the kitchen so there was constant noise.

So I decided to go to library.

I know, the library during the Summer? What a geek! But it was the only place I could think of!

The first three days I spent there on my own, but on the fourth day, as I was happily typing on my library, I heard a male voice say, 'Excuse me, is there someone sitting there?'

I looked up and saw a tall, handsome guy with a Justin Bieber style hair cut, looking down at me, his hand on the chair opposite mine.

'Uh, no, no', I replied, 'Go ahead.'

'Thanks', the guy smiled, and sat down, pulling books out of his bag.

I went back to my writing, but stopped when  I saw him reading a science book.

'Are you, studying?', I asked.

'Uh, yeah', the guy blushed, 'I'm moving to a new school next year and I'm behind already. I want to make a good first impression.'

'What school?', I asked.

'Um, McKinley High', he answered, 'Do you know it?'

'I go there!', I laughed, 'It's great! What year are you starting?'

'Junior'. the guy smiled, 'By the way, I'm Ryder.'

'I'm Lauren', I smiled, shaking his hand, 'I'm just finished my Junior year.'

'So you're a Senior? That's awesome!', Ryder said.

'Yeah but it's pretty scary to think that I'll be going to college next year!', I smiled.

Even though I had just met him, I liked Ryder already. He seemed really nice and genuine.

'So', Ryder said, 'Do you come here every day?'

'I have since the start of the Summer', I replied, 'I'm writing a short story, so I need peace and quite.'

'That's cool', Ryder said, 'So you're going to be an author when you're older?'

'Nah I want to be a performer', I explained, 'I love being on stage.'

'That's awesome!', Ryder said, 'I'd LOVE to do that!'

'Well join the glee club when you get to McKinley!', I replied, 'We'll be auditioning for new members!'

'Oh i don't know', Ryder mumbled, putting down his head, 'I don't think I'd be that confident.'

'Well you don't know until you try', I smiled, glancing at my watch, 'Oh God is that the time? I'd better be going home. it was nice to meet you Ryder.'

'You too', Ryder replied, as I stood up and put my laptop into my bag, 'Will you be here again tomorrow?'

'Probably', I sighed, 'Sad, isn't it?'

'Not at all', Ryder said, 'I''ll be here waiting for you, if you don't mind.'

'Of course not!', I replied, smiling, 'I'm looking forward to it! See you tomorrow!'

'Bye Lauren', Ryder smiled, as I turned to leave.

I didn't know then, but that's how I would spend the rest of my time until Beau returned, going to the library every day to write, but end up just chatting to Ryder.

It's funny who you would meet in a library.