5) Jealousy Is A Disease, Get Well Soon Bitch

I was feeling really unsure later that day when I stepped into the choir room with Kurt, Mercedes, Tina and Artie, to officially join the glee club.

I had spent most of my day with them, including lunch ( Where I had seen Finn but had been told not to join him because he was popular and his girlfriend Quinn, the cheerleader I had seen on the McKinley website, would probably try to rip my head off my shoulders if I tried to talk to him).

'Mr Shue', Kurt announced, 'Lauren would like to join.'

'That's great!', Mr Shue beamed, as he walked over to me, from where he had been sorting sheet music, 'There's only one thing, it's compulsory for everyone to audition. Do you have a song you could sing for us Lauren?'

'Um', I thought for a moment, eventually thinking of something, ''My Heart Will Go On'?'

'Perfect!', Mr Shue replied, taking a seat, 'Start whenever you're ready.'

I gulped as I stood in front of everyone. Besides my new friends, there was also a brunette girl who was glaring at me, Finn, Quinn, and two other girls who were wearing cheerleading uniforms. One was stunning and Latino, and the other was blonde and looking kinda, dumb.

Taking a final breath I started sing.

A few minutes later, when I had ended the song, there was silence in the classroom.

'That was one word', the brunette girl finally said.

'AMAZING!', Mr Shue exclaimed, staring at me with wide eyes.

'Well I was going to say corny, but whatever', the brunette finished.

'Sounds like someone's jealous', the Latino girl sneered at her.

'Yeah Rach', Kurt said, 'Jealousy is a disease, get better soon bitch.'

'Guys!', Mr Shue said sternly, 'Lets get back on topic. Lauren that was a beautiful performance. Welcome to the glee club.'

'Oh! Thank you so much!', I gushed.

I was so happy! If was one of the first times I had sang in front of someone that wasn't my family, and I was proud of myself that I had done so well!

When the bell rang to signal the end of practice, I was smiling from ear to ear. I thought glee club was perfect, except for the girl called Rachel who had taken and instant dislike to me.

As I stood at my locker, putting my books away at the end of that day, I felt someone come up to me.

'Hey Lauren', Finn said, 'I just wanted to tell you that you were fantastic in glee today.'

'Yeah you were great', Quinn added, with her arms wrapped around his waist.

'Thank you very much', I replied.

'Well we'll see you tomorrow I guess', Finn smiled, and then they walked down the hall hand in hand.

'Bye', I sighed, slumping against my locker, watching them, wishing I was the one holding Finn's hand.

'Forget it girl, you'll never get in there, they're rock solid', a voice suddenly said behind me.

'What?', I asked, turning around to see Kurt looking at me with pitiful eyes.

'It's pretty obvious that you have a crush already on Finn', Kurt replied, 'But it's no use Lauren, I'm telling you, he loves that witch too much.'

'I thought she seemed pretty nice', I blushed, embarrassed that he knew that I liked Finn.

'Oh she is, just don't get on her bad side', Kurt warned me, before walking away.

When I had everything sorted I walked out to the car park to find the Brooks waiting for me in their car.

'You took your time!', Luke complained.

'Sorry', I apologised.

'I saw you were hanging around with the glee freaks earlier', Beau said, as he started to drive, 'Did you get slushied yet?'

'Yeah', I mumbled, 'But I don't care, the glee club is great and I'm after making a lot of new friends.'

'Your funeral', Beau replied.

Not wanting to keep talking to him if he was just going to keep insulting my new friends, I turned and looked out the window.

But as I watched the streets pass I couldn't help but think if joining the glee club was a bad thing, I had been a loser at my last school, and it looked like I was going to be one at McKinley too.