36) 'We Can Do This'

I was at home with Ryder  one day ( I had invited him back to my house after meeting him at the library to listen to some music ), in my bedroom, when I heard voices downstairs.

'Oh Lauren!', I heard my Mam call, 'There's someone here to see you!'

'Excuse me Ryder', I said, getting up off my bed and heading to the door, 'I'll be back in a minute.'

When I reached the top of the stairs and looked down I couldn't believe my eyes.

'BEAU!', I exclaimed, running down to him and straight into his arms.

'Hey Laur', he whispered in my ear.

'What are you doing here?'; I asked, 'I thought you weren't due back for another two days.'

'I wanted to surprise you. God I've missed you!', Beau smiled, and then kissed me.

'Okay, okay kids', Mam, who was still standing at the front door, said, 'I'm sure you don't want to be kissing in front of me.'

'Sorry Mrs O' Hanlon', Beau said, sheepishly, as we parted.

'We have so much to talk about!', I told Beau, when my mother had gone into the kitchen.

'I know! I know! The tour was so crazy!', Beau said, but stopped when he looked behind me, up the stairs.

I turned around and saw Ryder at the top of the stairs.

'Oh Ryder!', I smiled, 'Come and meet Beau, my boyfriend. Beau this is my new friend Ryder. We meet every day in the library.'

'Hey', Ryder said, walking down the stairs, 'Nice to meet you Beau, by the way, your videos are awesome!'

'Thanks', Beau replied, with a tense smile, 'Nice to meet you too. Laur, can I talk to you for a minute in private?'

'Sure', I smiled, leading towards the living room, 'We'll be back in a minute Ryder.'

'Why did that guy just come out of your room?', Beau asked me, when we were alone in the living room.

'Because we were listening to music!', I replied, 'Beau you don't think I was cheating on you, do you?'

'Well I HAVE been gone for a couple of months', Beau shrugged, 'I'd understand if you got sick of waiting for me.'

'Beau don't be stupid!', I laughed, putting my arms around his neck, 'You're the only one for me.'

It was the truth, and I definitely proved it over the next few weeks as Beau and I spent nearly every day together. Unfortunately this meant that I didn't hang out as much with my other friends, Ryder included, but I still kept in contact with them all. Beau and I even went on a couple of double dates with Kurt and Blaine.

Everybody seemed to be loved up, but then something horrendous happened, Ariana cheated on Jai.

He was HEARTBROKEN, and was inconsolable for weeks. It definitely didn't help that she started going out with the guy who she had cheated with ( Nathan Sykes ), straight away.

I spent many nights trying to make Jai feel better, and eventually he managed to moved on.

As the time moved on, Beau and I decided to take our relationship to the next level, so on the night of his 20th birthday, August 30th, we made love for the first time, and told each other, 'I love you.'

As I lay there in Beau's arms I thought nothing bad could ever happen to us. Nothing could ruin this.

Two weeks later I was at home in my bedroom, getting my stuff ready for school ( I was starting back the week after ), when there was a knock at my door.

'Come in', I called, and smiled when I saw that it was Beau.

'Hey babe', he said.

'Hey', I smirked, walking over and kissing him, 'What's up?'

'Can we sit?', Beau asked, leading me over to my bed.

'Beau what's going on?', I asked him, when we were sitting side by side, 'You're acting a little strange.'

'I don't know how to tell you this Laur', Beau replied, holding my hand, 'But I want you to know that I love you and I always will. Nothing will ever tear us apart.'

'Okay Beau, NOW you're starting to freak me out', I said, worried.

'Laur', Beau sighed, 'We're moving to L.A, the boys and I.'

'What?', I asked, shocked.

'It's true', Beau said, 'It's to do with our management. I don't want to go but they say we have to.'

'You told me last week that those rumours were wrong', i replied, tears forming in my eyes, 'You told me that!'

'And I was wrong!', Beau said, 'I'm so sorry Lauren! I want to stay here in Lima with you! I love you for God's sake!'

'So what's going to happen/?', I asked, 'When are we going to see each other?'

'Well we can SKYPE as much as possible and I will come and visit you and you can come to L.A whenever you're off school.', Beau replied, 'We can do this Laur.'

'Yeah', I sniffed, wiping the tears from my eyes, 'We can.'

Two weeks later, as I sat with Beau in the airport terminal before his plane to L.A boarded, I felt empty. It had been hard enough being without him during the world tour, how was I going to cope now?

'Lauren I love you', Beau whispered, before he left.

'I love you too'. I smiled, trying not to cry.

In fact, it was only when I knew that he was on the plane that I let the tears flow.