23) The Perfect Date

But he wasn't.

Despite Kurt telling his dad about the bullying and finally going to Principal Figgins about it, the bullying had just continued.

To give me courage Blaine had come to our school. Kurt immediately introduced him to Mercedes and I, and I have to admit the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw him was, 'Pity he's gay'.

With slicked back black hair, with a stunning smile, and wearing his 'Dalton' blazer, Blaine was really handsome, and Kurt was right, he was a really nice guy too.

Kurt was so lucky!

Anyway, besides Kurt's bullying, his dad and Finn's mam's wedding was coming up.

'Who are you bringing as a date Laur?', Kurt asked me, one day after glee club, as we walked to our next class.

'Well, uh, I was assuming we were going together', I replied.

'Oh', Kurt mumbled, embarrassed, 'I kinda agreed to go with Mercedes, but we can all go together if you want.'

'Nah', I said, trying to hide my disappointment, 'That would look kinda sad. It's okay Kurt.'

'Well you can always ask one of the Brooks', Kurt suggested, 'I'm sure they wouldn't mind going, and I'd have to problem with it.'

'Yeah', I smiled, 'Maybe Beau. I doubt he'd miss an opportunity for free food.'

So that evening when Beau had driven the boys and I home as usual, I asked if I could talk to him for a minute.

'So, what's up?', he asked me, as we stood outside his car,  when Jai and Luke had gone into their house.

'I won't beat around the bush', I said, before sighing, 'Do you want to come to Kurt's dad and Finn's mam's wedding with me this Saturday?'

'Seriously?', Beau asked.

'Yeah', I nodded, 'You can get free food, and we should have a good time.'

'Whoa', Beau replied, puffing out his cheeks, 'I never thought I'd see the day when you'd be asking me out on a date!'

'It's not a date!', I said, my voice rising at the end of the sentence, 'It's just, it's just a day out. As friends!'

'Oh sure', Beau nodded, smirking, 'Sure I'll go. I'd love to be your date.'

'It's not a date!', I exclaimed, turning towards my house.

'Sure, sure', Beau smirked again, walking towards his front door, 'I'll see you tomorrow, I have to pick out what I'm going to wear!'

Rolling my eyes I went into my house. Even though Beau was teasing me, I couldn't help but giggle once I was inside. Would he always be that childish?

The day of the wedding soon arrived, and I was pretty excited. The last wedding I had attended was when I was about seven years old, so I was really looking forward to this one.

When the time came to go to the church, Beau was waiting outside by his car for me. He knew that I had seen him out my living room window.

'Good morning', I greeted him, when I walked out of my house.

'Morning Lauren', Beau smiling, looking me up and down, 'Wow! You look hot!'

I blushed looking down at my burnt orange brideasmaid's dress. I did think I looked good in it, but to hear someone else say it was fantastic!

'So do you!', I replied.

And it was true. Beau was wearing a black suit, and his hair was styled to perfection.