19) The Blonde Bombshell

Of course not!

Who was I kidding? I wasn't 'Falling For Beau Brooks'. 

How did I know?

Because two weeks later we went back to school, and there was a new hot guy in glee club. His name, Sam Evans.

Now I had to admit, I didn't usually fancy blondes, but Sam was definitely hot stuff! He was also a Sophomore like me, after transferring from another school, and was on the football team with Finn, Puck and Mike. That's how Finn met him, in fact, and asked him to join the glee club now that we were a member short.

Matt had left because his dad had gotten a new job, and they had to move.

Anyway, when I saw Sam the first thing I thought of was 'Boyfriend Material'. If I couldn't have Finn. why couldn't I have his hot new friend?

That thought was quickly knocked out of my head though when Kurt whispered in my ear, 'He's definitely gay', just after Sam introduced himself to the glee club.

'What?', I shot back, 'No way!'

'Yeah he is', Kurt replied, 'Look how cute he is. PLUS look at his hair! He's practically a Justin Bieber knock-off.'

'But Justin Bieber isn't gay', I said.

'Yeah I know, but how many straight guys mimic his look?', Kurt asked, 'Believe me, I'm right.'

'Shut up Kurt', I said, just as the bell rang, 'You're dreaming.'

'I'll prove it!', Kurt replied, walking off in the direction that Sam had gone, out of the choir room.

I giggled as I got my stuff and walked out of the choir room, and to my locker.

I had just got my books ready for my next class when I heard a voice behind me say, 'Hey babe.'

'Hello Beau', I sighed, 'What did I tell you about calling me that?'

I should explain.

The boys had released another one of their videos on Youtube. It was called 'Awkward Train Situations 2'', and lets just say, it was more explicit than their first video. Mainly because Beau and Daniel 'humped' in it.

Of course it had gotten THOUSANDS views, but when I watched it I started teasing them that they were secretly in love! Of course they got pissed off and to get back at me, Beau had started calling me 'Babe'. It really annoyed me, and he knew it.

'You know you love me', Beau smirked at me, when I turned around to face him.

'Whatever', I replied, rolling my eyes and slamming my locker shut, 'I've got to get to class.'

Later that day at lunch I was sitting in the cafeteria with Tina and Mike ( They were going out now since Tina dumped Artie when she got back from 'Asian Camp' ), when Kurt sat down beside me.

'Well I've got good news and bad news', he told me.

'Tell me the bad news first', I sighed, 'It's best to get it out of the way.'

'Sam's not gay', Kurt replied, pulling a sad face.

'What? That's GOOD news Kurt!', I said.

'Not for me it isn't!', Kurt exclaimed, 'I thought he was cute. Anyway, wanna hear the good news?'

'You know I do', I replied, shaking my head.

'I told Sam that you were single', Kurt started, 'And he seemed REALLY interested!'

'WHAT?!',  I practically screamed.

'SSH!', Kurt said, as I realized people were looking at me, 'Yeah, we started talking about our friends and I mentioned you. I told him how you had moved here last year and didn't have a boyfriend. He seriously looked interested Lauren. You should go talk to him!'

'Yeah', I replied, as the bell rang, 'I will!'

'Go for it girl!', Kurt said, as we stood up and started walking out of the cafeteria.

I had just got my books out of my locker for my next class when someone behind me said, 'Hey Babe', in a funny voice.

Assuming it was Beau I hatched a plan there and then to get my revenge.

'What did I tell you earlier on about calling me that?', I asked, and before he replied, I kicked my leg back and hit him in the shin.

'AGH!', he groaned, at the impact.

'You deserved it', I said, turning around to mock him more, but to my horror it wasn't Beau that was there holding his leg in pain, it was Sam!

'SAM!', I exclaimed, 'Oh my God I'm so sorry! I thought it was my friend!'

'Is that how you treat all your friends?', Sam asked, wincing.

'No of course not!', I replied, 'It was a private joke! I'm really sorry!'

'It's okay', Sam said, managing to stand straight, 'I guess it's the right reaction to my Sean Connery impression.'

'Oh that's what the funny voice was!', I replied.

'Yeah', Sam said, shifting his bag on his back, 'Anyway, I've got to get to class.'

'Didn't you want to talk to me?', I asked.

'Yeah, but, uh, it doesn't matter now', Sam shrugged, and then turned and walked off.

As I watched him limp down the hall, I slumped my back against my locker.

What the hell was wrong with me? Why did I always have to mess up in front of cute boys?

Even though Sam and I eventually got to be good friends, lets just say for the next few months, he always kept a good distance from me.

Not that I blamed him to be honest.

After all, not every girl kicks you on your first day in a new school.