Starship troopers invasion : Tia durer (Trig) x male reader

You groaned grabbing another death soldier legs and dragged his body outside your base.

You and Tai were the only survivors on a lone base with a wall around it in the middle of a desert to keep a eye on a nearly hive but the bugs attacked and only you and Trig survived since you both were pretty skilled.

Now you were burrying the death soldiers and taking care of the bug corpes.

The soldiers were dragged outside and burried the bugs were simple thrown somewhere else or burned.

Trig held a sharp eye out on the roof of the base shooting any bug that came too close to you for her comfort.

You two had been working together for 3 years and were great friends even having crushes on each other.

You finally finished burrying the death soldier and went back inside for a well derserved break first closing the gate and activating the defences.

(Y/n) : and why am i the only one who has to clean the mess up ?

You asked over the comm.

Trig : somebody had to watch your back

You rolled your eyes and went into the base.

Trig smiled and took her helmet off overlooking the desert with a smile seeing it was all clear for now.

She sat down on the edge and just enjoyed the view.

She was obviously sad about their heavy loses too much to keep the base so you two would survive for a week then you would be picked up early to leave before the bugs get you.

On the other hand Trig had hoped to get some alone time with you in the hopes to be finally able to confess to you she loves you

You were her crush and closet friend she trusted you with all her secrets and with her life countless times.

She rememberd the first time you joined the crew and was assighned as her partner on a mission where you watched her back while she helped the team by killing a lot of bugs.

It was funny how it felt that you two were friends for life while in reality only for 3 years or more.

You contacted her over the comms

(Y/n) : hey trig im getting something to eat you want something ?
Trig : yeah just bring me something.. im starving
(Y/n) : roger

You closed the call and 10 minutes later came up the roof with two trays of smashed potatoes with some vegatables and two glasses of water.

You sat down next to her still wearing your armor handing her the second tray of food taking the first as your own.

You both started eating in silence.

Once you finished your meals you both held up a glass of water in honor of the fallen brothers/sisters in arms then downed the entire glass.

Trig : thats better

You nodded your head staring at the desert

Trig glanced at your face and smiled lucky she still had you in the middle of nowhere.

Trig moved a little closer to you so your hips were almost touching. You looked at her the two of you smiling.

(Y/n) : so how your doing ?

Trig chuckled

Trig : im fine just bored... and sad about our losses of course
(Y/n) : yeah..... im happy your still alive I wouldn't know what to if you had died.
Trig : me neither...... im happy i have you