Chapter 18

Luke took a deep breath as the water fell around him, it always felt great to get a hot shower in the morning. Thinking Ashton had left for work he started singing the words to Million Eyes by Loic Notett. It was his favorite song at the moment and the words just kept rolling off his tongue.

While Luke was in the shower Ashton walked into the bedroom to get his phone when he heard Luke singing. Frozen in place, Ashton listened to the blonde's voice fondly.

Ashton walked into the bathroom abruptly with much eagerness scaring Luke to death, "I'm signing you."

Luke looked at Ashton all wide-eyed and confused, "You're what? Why are you even in here?" He asked grabbing his towel and wrapping it tightly around his waist.

"Your voice is perfect, you are exactly what we're looking for at my record company. I can make you into a star!" Ashton started throwing out ideas to Luke about how he was going to be the next big thing. Luke was too startled to say something at first but as Ashton went on and on making decisions before Luke could make up his mind, he knew he had to say something.

"Ashton, stop!" He yelled quickly running his hands through his wet blonde hair getting out of the shower to dry off, "I don't want to be some fucking superstar weirdo, I'd rather jump off a roof than deal with all that." He said tossing on some clothing.

"That's a bit dramatic, don't you think?" Ashton frowned sadly at Luke, "It's not that bad."

"I'm okay with being in the spotlight as your little gay prostitute, but I'm not going to put myself into a position like that. I've seen how that shit destroys lives and tears people apart. I wouldn't be able to live like that so don't even try, Ashton." Luke almost screamed.

"Why are you so upset? I'm sorry, I didn't know you hated fame that much." The brunette said in a shocked small voice on the verge of tears, he was only trying to help Luke, maybe even himself too.

Luke honestly didn't know why he was so mad, he just was. He just hates it when Ashton doesn't listen to him, and that has made him overly offensive sometimes. Luke just shoved Ashton out of the way and went into their shared bedroom to find something. Luke groaned seeing the man was still in the doorway to the bathroom watching, "What now Ashton?" He asked quite rudely.

That's when something in Ashton broke, he slumped to the ground curling in on himself starting to cry. He was never weak like this, but Luke just has that effect on him. He relied on the blonde, so to see him so angry was such a broken feeling.

Luke's expression softened as he turned to see Ashton. He sighed leaning down to the man's level. "Baby, I'm sorry. It just really upsets me when you don't listen. I know you were just excited, I shouldn't of gotten that angry." He said wrapping an arm around Ashton pulling him in gently.

Ashton sighed, he stood up away from Luke's grasp. "I only wanted to help." he said wiping his eyes dry, "You have a talented, I just wanted to help you use it." The curly haired man finally turned to Luke who's bright blue eyes were searching his hazel ones.

"Let's go for a walk." Luke suggested standing and taking the brunettes hand.

--

"I guess I just can't really handle shit well. Emotions aren't the easiest to control with me." Luke explained to Ashton as they walked hand in hand through the park.

"I understand, but you can't just flip out like that Luke. I can't handle being screamed at over the tiniest things." The brunette sighed staring down at his overly expensive shoes.

Luke stopped in his tracks pulling Ashton back so they were face to face, "Let's just forget it, yeah? I'll do better." Luke offered taking the shorter man's chin into his fingers lifting him up for a better look.

Ashton nodded lost in Luke's trance. It was like the world disappeared in that small moment as they both leaned into a kiss that was cut too short by a bunch of girls running towards them. The girls ran up screaming, phones in the air, asking a million questions a second. Soon the six turned into a dozen.

The men tried to back away by telling the girls that they couldn't take pictures or answer questions right then, when all of a sudden over twenty more people started showing up. It was in that moment they knew they were doomed.

"Guys, we can't give out numbers. Don't follow us!" Ashton fussed, it seemed like the people just kept multiplying. Ten minutes went by and soon some park rangers pulled up trying to push away the crowd when all of a sudden three girls tackled Ashton. One grabbed something from his pockets and took off running.

So, they got up and ran home.

-----

I wrote this April 2018. I never published it?? It sucks, bye

They grabbed his phone. it was his phone. literally, who am i to leave yall at a cliff hanger