Chapter 14

Ashton walked into work with a dull look on his face. He didn't want to leave Luke just to be with Calum and boring celebrities. Ashton was expecting everything to be in order when he walked in but instead was greeted by a dozen photographers and even more reporters.

Ashton brought a hand up to cover his face to protect his eyes from the flashes. The man ignored all the questions being shouted out at him and just made a beeline for the elevator to his floor. As soon as the doors opened he saw Calum inside ushering him to get in.

Ashton didn't even hesitate as he jumped in, Calum jabbing repeatedly on the button to close the doors.

"Thanks, Cal." Ashton panted as he glanced at his best friend, "What is everyone doing here?"

"Billy Joe has something he'd like to show you." Calum smiled to Ashton. When the elevator doors opened he saw some employees and a few artists that had come in to record, littered around the mini stage they had set up in the lobby. There was only one person with a camera out ready for whoever to come out to perform.

Confused, Ashton turned to Calum once again, "What is goi-" He was interupted by Billy Joe as the man spoke into the microphone.

"As you all know, I'm no stranger to drugs and mental health," He trailed off making eye contact with Ashton, "But I did what I do best and I wrote an album. Green Days big comeback I guess you could say. This is a new song I like to call 'Still Breathing'."

Seconds later sounds of strumming comes through the amps causing Ashton's ears to perk up, he could always catch a tune seconds in. Billy Joe stepped up to the speakers taking a breath before he began to sing, "I'm like a child lookin' off in the horizon. I'm like an ambulance thats turning on the sirens. Whoa, I'm still alive."

The song had a pop rock vibe to it and Ashton loved it; everyone did. Everyone started swaying and soon all were full out dancing, the chorus to catchy not to, "Cause I'm still breathing, cause I'm still breathing on my own. My heads above the rain and roses making my way away."

The words were emotional backed by an amazing tune. A song you could listen to whether your happy or sad. Dance to while you're crying your eyes out. Ashton was so happy that Billy is doing better than before, he had his doubts, but he was so happy he didn't drop them from his label.

When they finished the room was filled with applause and a fangirling receptionist. They all took a bow and stepped off the stage. Most of the band went to chat with friends and others, but Billy Joe walked straight over to Ashton, "What did you think?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"I think you're back, Billy." Ashton shook hands with the man and they both grinned.

Green Day is back.

--

"Hey, how was work?" Luke asked as he sat on the couch watching 'What Would You Do?' .

"Great, it was great." He smiled leaning down to kiss Luke's cheek gently, "Oh, and I was wondering if you'd wanna go on a beach date?" Ashton asked with a smile, "I've got a MacBook pro with your name on it." He winked.

Luke took a moment to think, he liked Ashton, but not in a platonic way anymore. So Luke put his want for a new computer aside and said the first thing his brain could conjure up, "Oh, you don't have to give me anything. I'd love to go." He gave a small smile and Ashton just seemed to glow.

"Alright! I'll go get some stuff packed up and we can go in an hour." Ashton enthused as he skipped up the stairs.

Luke shook his head fondly, "He is so fucking gay."