Chapter 10

We stared at each other for a long time until he finally spoke.

"We're soul mates. Do you know what this means?" Erebus asked.

"Uh no?"

I always remembered the things my mom use to tell me when I was little. Only pieces of important stuff would come to memory mostly about who I'm suppose to be or who I'm suppose to become.

I remember her telling me once I found the guy who had the same mark as me I was suppose to mate him as soon as possible so they can know I'm taken and won't get punished for breaking the rules whatever that means.

I always asked her who is they and when do I know when I've found him and she would always give me the same answer.

"Only your mate can give you your answers that will soon be revealed. And your real identity will take form, as you and him together will do great things for the world."

I always remembered that. I was only 6 years old when she told me this.

"Cataleya what have you been told about your mark." he said impatiently.

"Umm I-I don't know if I remember." I lied

"Don't lie to me Cataleya! I need to know!" He yelled coming closer.

"Ok well umm my mom when I was little told me the only other person who had this mark was my mate. She said when I found him I was to mate him immediately so they know I'm taken so I wouldn't be breaking the rules and get punished whatever that means. And I would always ask her questions but she would give me the same answer."

"And what did she tell you?"

"Only my mate can give me my answers that will soon be revealed and my real identity will take form as me and my mate together will do great things for the world. Do you know what that means by any chance?"

"When did she tell you this?"

"When I was 6. Why?"

He kept on ignoring my questions and asking me more of his. I was getting annoyed by how he was getting answers to his questions and I wasn't.

"Ok this isn't fair." I said finally speaking up.

"What do you mean this isn't fair? This isn't a democracy Cataleya you need to tell me everything you know before I can answer any of your questions." He said sternly.

"How'd you know I was getting upset because you weren't answeri-."

"Telepathy."

"Ohh well....stay out of my head." I said getting paranoid about the things I say in my head now.

"Well if you weren't screaming so loud for me to hear them then maybe I wouldn't." he muttered.

"What! I-."

I got cut off for the second time as he continued.

"There's no time for this Cataleya! They know when you have met your mate and they'll come after you as soon as they get the chance."

"Who are they! I've been having these questions lingering in my head for the past 12 years! I need some answers before I finish answering any of yours." I shouted at him out of annoyance.

I was always one who hated being in the dark. I didn't like not knowing things that's why I always hated that game telephone because I was always the last to know and I hated it.

"Ok you can answer any of your questions now but we have to get out of here now its not safe."

"Who are they?" I asked.