73. Farewell Third Years

Haruka POV
(In the gym ~ afternoon)

Today was supposed to be a regular volleyball practice day yet to my surprise, the third years decided to give us a surprise visit the day before their graduation ceremony.

"I'm back!" Mai appears along with Minako and Kata behind her. "Did you all miss us?!"

"Not really," Chika mutters.

A mischievous smile forms on Mai's face as she playfully headlocks Chika and jabs her on the head. "Be honest. You probably missed me the most huh Chika?"

"Oi! What do you think you're doing?!" Chika shouts in annoyance and the other two first years laugh.

"Glad to see that things are lively," Minako grins. "Tomorrow we'll be getting our diplomas and will no longer be in the school." Minako looks over at Mai and Kata. "So we came today to see you guys one last time."

Emiko smiles. "It's nice for you three to come visit us before you graduate."

"I agree! But it's amazing how fast time goes by. I can't believe you three are already graduating," Airi awes in amazement.

It's been almost 3 months since the Spring High Tournament and now the third years were going to graduate while everyone else was going to go up one grade higher. Things have changed after the third years went to study for their college exams, but seeing them back again makes me think to the times before the tournament.

"I don't feel like I'm going to college any time soon," Kata says with a shrug and looks over to me. "But even though we are going, you are all in good hands. Haruka, you were put as captain this year out of no where and I apologize for that."

"It's okay, I understand the situation at that time so I took the position," I tell her.

"I know, but before you came, the team was strong yet it was the individual strength of Misaki that made our team strong. When she was gone, we were worried about what would happen to our team but then you came." Kata smiles. "Thank you for taking and continuing the position as captain Haruka. With you, we were able to get so far."

"Thanks for the compliment but I admit Chika's doing a pretty good job as vice captain," I smile as I glance over to Chika who awkwardly scratches the back of her neck in embarrassment.

"Awww I'm really gonna miss you guys. You are all so innocent and adorable, but now that I'm going to graduate there will be no one to tease," Minako over exaggerates and a small smile forms on her face. "Although I hate the hellish exercises that Haruka gave us. We wouldn't be able to get so good in volleyball without them. Volleyball has really been fun with you all and I'm glad I got the chance to play with you all."

"Minako taking all my words," Mai sighs and points to us. "I know that you'll all do an amazing job even when we aren't here. After all none of you can really slack off if Haruka is here," Mai grins. "Fukurodani has grown so much over this time and I'm proud of everyone here."

I look over to the first years and they nod their heads. "Thank you very much!" We shout and bow our heads down.

Kata laughs. "No need to thank us, we couldn't have done this without you guys either."

"You know you're free to come visit," Coach Kaneko offers. "Even after you three graduate, you're always still be a part of the team."