46. Trust

Haruka POV
(After school practice)

I walk home with Bokuto and yawn. Practicing with Bokuto can be exhausting, he's definitely one of the top five for a reason. My skills are nothing in comparison to his, even though I'm also a nationally ranked player.

I look over to Bokuto and see him happily walk me home with Haru flying right beside him.

"Bokuto... You don't have to walk me all the way. I can get back from here," I tell him and Bokuto shakes his head.

"Nope! Akaashi gave me the responsibility to walk you home. He never asks me for anything, so I have to make him proud!" Bokuto proudly shouts with a salute.

I sweatdrop. I'm not surprised why he doesn't ask Bokuto for anything.

"Do you know why Keiji went home early?" I ask.

"He didn't tell me," Bokuto says, rubbing his chin thinking. I watch Bokuto try to come up with a reason and honestly, I have never seen him so concentrated before. He snaps his fingers. "He's probably asking for your hand in marriage!" he grins.

"Huh?!" I stare at him with disbelief. "I doubt that."

No wonder why Bokuto thought we were dating, he always comes up with the weirdest ideas.

I sigh. I should change topics. "Are you ready for the Spring High Preliminaries?" I ask and his eyes sparkle.

"YES!" Bokuto beams with a smile. "I can't wait to play against other teams like Nekoma and Itachiyama!" He pumps his fist excited like a child.

I laugh. "Hahaha, I'll cheer you guys on, and I hope you guys will cheer my team on too."

Bokuto stares at me and grins. "Of course!"

A small smile forms on my face. I can really see the difference between Bokuto and I. He's the type of person who can always look straight ahead with nothing pulling him down as a player. His positivity keeps him and his team moving on. It's quite amazing. He's a captain for a reason, it's not only for his skills but for his personality.

After thirty minutes of walking with Bokuto, I finally reach my house. "Thanks for taking me home," I tell him.

"Yep! Tell Akaashi I said hi," he waves and takes his leave.

I take in a deep breath and unlock the door with my key. Ever since I told my family about how we were dating, I felt like I severed our family relationship. Not to mention, the fear in my mom's eyes... It wasn't me confessing our relationship that made her scared, it was something else.

I look around the house and see everyone in the kitchen eating. I put my backpack on the ground in the hallway and enter the kitchen. "Sorry for being late for dinner."

"It's fine Haruka, we have something to tell you," My mom tells me and I take a seat down.

"We decided to accept your relationship," she suddenly announces.

"Eh? Wait really???" I blurt out surprised. I feel a sudden surge of happiness, but it suddenly dissipates as I look back to their previous reactions when I told them. "Wait..." I stare at my parents. "Why accept it now? You two were so against it."

"Yes, we thought about it, but we introduced Keiji and you at a late age. You two are already seventeen. You're almost old enough to make your own decisions, and for us to come suddenly and tell you two that we were going to get married was also unfair of us," Keiji's father explains.

"...I see," I mumble.

"Of course, you two can date, but you two can't be intimate," My mom tells me and I blush.