26. The Grade Killers

Haruka POV
(Three Days Later - In class ~ Friday)

"Class, we will be having exams not the following Monday, but next Monday for all the subjects that have been covered so far," Our homeroom teacher announces after finishing her lecture for the day.

"Nooooo!" The class cries out in despair and the pencil in my hand drops.

W-Wait?! E-Exams?!

Right when I thought one problem was solved, another appears  and slaps me in the face...But this problem is one that can't be solved so easily.

I facepalm myself.

Exams have always been my weak point. There's a huge amount of material being tested and I always end up procrastinating on it. Sure, I can remember a good portion of the material in my brain when I cram it all in in about a week, yet the moment I'm taking an exam, everything I know disappears and I go blank.

Geh! Why do I have to be so brainless when I'm pressured?!

"Remember class, you must have a passing score or else you will have to take the summer classes to make up for them," My teacher warns and I start sweating bullets as I listen to her.

Last year I barely passed Itachiyama Academy's exams with Komori continuously tutoring me and Sakusa scolding me every time I made a mistake on something, but in the end I barely passed on the borderline. I can't let myself only barely pass again. I'm supposed to be an honor student.

...

More like an honor student in a regular second year's class.

I robotically glance over to Keiji who's just calmly taking his notes and I recall his words when I asked him why he was studying so early a few weeks back.

With all the matches and such, by the time the exams are here, you'll end up cramming the night before.

He's completely right.

Why does he have to right?!

I slightly frown. He was out for the Interhigh Tournament two days ago, but he's already back into school earnestly learning.

Honestly, how does he do it???

"I will post a study guide online on what material you should focus on for your exams, and if you have any questions just ask me. I wish you all the best of good luck!" My teacher says with a smile and I sigh in despair.

There's no hope for me. I'm doomed.

That is...I turn to Keiji. Unless I ask Keiji! Maybe he'll be willing to teach me!

Ring ring ring

The school bell rings and I stand up from my seat.

"Ke--" I hesitate.

Should I ask him for help?

I have a feeling he'll just tease me and tell me that he was right about me cramming it all. The exams are literally coming in about a week and I'm not ready.

I sigh. I have to set aside my pride. He's been helping me all of this time. I'm sure asking him for help on the exams won't be a bad thing. I'll treat him out or something as a way to repay him back, maybe make him some onigiri, he likes that.

"Hey Keij--" I try to call out to him but a loud voice overlaps mine.

"AKAASHI!" Bokuto calls him out and slides the door open.

Bokuto?!

All the second years stare at the third year who suddenly appears out of nowhere with a loaf of bread in his hand. Bokuto looks around the classroom and finds Keiji at his seat. Bokuto walks over to him and grabs him by the arm. "AKAASHI I NEED YOUR HELP!"