53. Unexpected

Haruka POV

Time goes by fast and before I knew it, almost a month had passed since the Spring High Preliminaries.

I glance over to Keiji who's calmly studying from his notes.

The two of us have been dating for a while now but nothing has happened. To be honest, it's the same as it's always been. We go to school together and walk home together holding hands. We haven't gone on a date in forever, and we kissed once, but that was before we officially started dating.

I slap my cheeks. No, I can't be greedy!

Not to mention, even though we have been together, I still can't read his thoughts at all. I think back to his words two weeks back.

Haruka... You are my light like the sun shining down on me. I want to always be beside you even when you're so far from me... Because I love you.

Those words... It doesn't sound like something you would say to someone you knew for less than a year. Not to mention, it doesn't sound like him at all... But how would I know how he feels?

I frustratingly mess with my hair and sigh. I'm glad Keiji has feelings for me, but I can't help but feel like there's more to it than that.

"If you have something to say just tell me," Keiji says, and I flinch.

Crap! I was staring at him without realizing it.

"You have a habit of staring at my face when you daze off," Keiji points out.

I blush. "T-that's not true! I wasn't looking at you! I-I was looking at your hands!"

"Looking at my hands huh? Pfft... Hahaha!" Keiji lets out a chuckle and I grit my teeth trying to calm my racing heart.

I seriously need to calm myself when I'm around him. He's always calm when he's around me. Does he ever get nervous with me?

I wonder if he would be embarrassed if I repeat the words he told me in his sleep. I sigh. He doesn't even remember it himself and would probably think I'm making it up.

"Class break is over!" Our teacher states and looks over to the door. "Today, we are fortunate to have some third years come over to our class to talk to you about college and how to prepare for your future. Let's give them a warm welcome."

The teacher claps and all the students follow.

Four third years come into our class.

"Thanks for having us!" Bokuto loudly greets with a grin.

My mouth drops when I realize who the third years are.

Bokuto, Mai, Yukie, and Konoha.

It's too ironic how they're all here in our classroom to give a presentation. They probably came to our class because Keiji and I are both here.

"I'm Kotaro Bokuto!" Bokuto introduces himself with a silly grin.

"I'm Yukie Shirofuku," Yukie greets.

"I'm Akinori Konoha," Konoha says, simply stating his name.

"I'm Mai Ogata," Mai winks.

I glance over to Keiji and he seems slightly surprised by their appearance as well.

I guess he didn't know about this either.

"Today, we are going to be talking about college," Yukie says. "Now—"

"Now who's interested in college?!" Bokuto hollers out, interrupting Yukie.

Konoha nudges Bokuto. "Bokuto, you're going off script," he whispers.